Peanut butter and marshmallow creme come together to make this sweet and creamy Fluffernutter Dip. Serve with fresh fruit, cookies, pretzels, and more!
Does anyone else absolutely love dip? Whether it’s a savory dip like Spinach Artichoke or a sweet dip like S’mores Dip or Cannoli Dip, I just can’t get enough! This sweet and creamy Fluffernutter Dip can be served as an appetizer, dessert, or side dish, and it’s perfect for feeding a crowd!
What is Fluffernutter?
This dip is a twist on the classic Fluffernutter sandwich, which is typically made with a combination of peanut butter and marshmallow creme spread onto white bread. The flavor combo of marshmallow creme and peanut butter are a match made in heaven!
How To Make Fluffernutter Dip
- Start by making a small batch of homemade whipped cream. Whip chilled heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer to the refrigerator while proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat softened cream cheese, peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Transfer the dip to the refrigerator for a couple hours to firm up.
- Be sure to chill the heavy whipping cream really well first so that it will set up nicely. Don’t remove it from your refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Cream cheese and peanut butter should be at room temperature. This will ensure that the dip blends together smoothly.
- Use an emulsified/no-stir peanut butter. Using natural peanut butter can cause some separation. A fully blended commercial brand peanut butter works best for this. Feel free to use creamy or crunchy.
- Adjust the ingredient quantities to suit your taste. For instance, if you want more peanut butter flavor, add more peanut butter, if you want it sweeter, add more marshmallow creme.
- Have fun with garnishes. Top the dip with mini marshmallows, chopped peanuts, peanut butter chips, chocolate sprinkles, or a drizzle of melted peanut butter.
What to Serve with Fluffernutter Dip
Fresh fruit – We especially love apples, bananas, and strawberries.
Cookies – Shortbread cookies, Nutter Butters, chocolate chip cookies, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, biscotti, wafer cookies…the options are endless!
Pretzels or Crackers – Serving something salty is a great way to balance out the sweetness of the dip. Pretzels, Ritz crackers, Club crackers, and Wheat Thins all pair well with this dip.
- ½ cup chilled heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter*
- 7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and vanilla until smooth and combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Transfer the dip to the refrigerator until chilled.