This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is the light and refreshing and the perfect snack or side dish to any spring or summer meal.
Sometimes you just need a little fruit salad in your life. This Tropical Fruit Salad fits the bill. It’s perfectly sweet and tart and is a great refreshing treat to make up for all that overdoing it you may have done during the winter months with all those creamy, comforting soups and casseroles.
Adding a little fruit to your diet is easy when it’s dressed with this delicious honey lime dressing. Lime juice and honey is literally all you need! I love to add coconut to the salad; it really adds to the tropical feel and makes me feel like I’m back in Hawaii enjoying a giant plate of fresh fruit for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Oh how I need to get back to those white sandy beaches!
Just about any fresh fruit will do, but to make it more “tropical” use island fruits like pineapple, mango, papaya, bananas and kiwis. I also added some strawberries because I happened to have a ton and you can’t go wrong with fresh berries. They play really well with the coconut and lime.
This Tropical Fruit Salad is the closest I’m going to get for a while, but that’s ok, because it’s amazing. It’s so good you’ll forget how good it is for you. And that isn’t a bad thing.
Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- 6 cups fresh fruit watermelon, mango, kiwi, oranges, pineapple, papaya, bananas
- 1 cup sweetened flaked divided
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice about 4-5 limes
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey or more to taste
- Chop fruit into small, bite sized pieces. Toss together in a large bowl with ¾ cup of the flaked coconut (set aside the other ¼ cup until ready to serve).
- Pour the lime juice mixture over the fruit and toss again to coat completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For more fresh fruit recipes, try these:
And for a little feel of the islands, try these: