This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Vegetable Flatbread Pizza is a quick and easy dinner option or an awesome appetizer for a party. With plenty of cheese and roasted veggies, you’ve got a Meatless Monday option the whole family will love!
VEGETABLE FLATBREAD PIZZA
A million years ago, I worked at the Cheesecake Factory. One of the pizzas they had on he menu back then, was a Veggie Goat Cheese pizza and it was so good! That item has been off the menu for a while now, but I still think about it, so I knew I had to make my own variation!
To keep things quick and simple I opted to make this using flatbread instead of traditional pizza dough. Flatbread pizza takes all the work out of making pizzas without sacrificing any of the delicious flavor. My local grocery store makes a killer garlic naan, but this also tastes fantastic with naan as well.
The veggies roast up pretty quickly and once you assemble the pizza, it bakes even quicker. This leaves you with a killer meatless option that will have your family fighting for seconds!
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE FLATBREAD PIZZA
- Cut the peppers and onions to around the same size and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Season the vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning and roast them in the oven.
- While the veggies are roasting you can slice the olives, cut the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces (I buy them already quartered so I just slice those quarters in half) and prepare the cheeses.
- During the last 5 minutes of the veggies roasting time, I like to add the naan to the oven to begin warming it.
- Once the baking time is up, remove the veggies and the naan and reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
- Assemble the pizzas. Start by spreading your favorite pesto sauce onto the naan.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, the roasted vegetables, olives, artichoke hearts and goat cheese.
- Return the pizzas to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes and then slice and serve immediately.
What if I don’t like goat cheese?
No problem, you can easily substitute feta cheese in place of the goat cheese and it will still taste fantastic!
Can I change out the vegetables?
Yes! You can use your vegetables of choice. The trick is to try and keep them uniform size and take into account that certain vegetables need to bake longer than others and adjust your baking time accordingly (maybe start roasting veggies that take longer earlier then add the veggies that cook quickly later in the roasting process).
Can you prepare flatbread pizza ahead of time?
Sure- I’d work through the recipe all the way up to assembling the pizzas and then refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
How to store leftovers:
Cover and refrigerate for 3-5 days. You can reheat these in the oven or even the microwave.
Want more delicious pizza recipes?
- Pea and Asparagus Flatbread
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Vegetable Flatbread Pizza
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 2 pieces garlic naan bread (or plain)
- 3 Tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1/4 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts halved
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled (you can also use feta if you'd prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 2 sheet pans with parchment.
- In a large bowl, toss the onions, peppers and cherry tomatoes with olive oil.
- Season them to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Toss to evenly coat and pour onto one of the sheet pans in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place 2 pieces of naan onto the other pan. Add this to the oven during the last 5 minutes of the vegetables bake time.
- When the bake time is up, remove the vegetables and the naan from the oven and reduce the temperature to 375 degrees.
- Divide the pesto sauce between the two pieces of naan and spread evenly over the top of them.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of them and sprinkle with the roasted vegetables, olives, artichoke hearts and goat cheese.
- Return the pizzas to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve immediately.