English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas are a great way to get a hot breakfast on the table. Make a bunch and freeze them for a quick on-the-go breakfast, or serve them up for your holiday crowd!
English Muffin Pizza is a nostalgic childhood favorite. English muffin halves slathered with pizza sauce and covered with melty Mozzarella cheese. All toasted up in our countertop toaster oven. Kind of like a lunchable pizzas our kids eat today, only hot and cheesy and so much better.
When it comes to breakfast foods, eggs and bacon are a constant go-to, and I love an English Muffin slathered with butter on the side. We love breakfast sandwiches like this, why not breakfast pizzas? Fun to eat, easy for little hands to pick up, they’ll become your family’s new go-to for a quick and filling on-the-go breakfast.
How to Make English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- Break open your English Muffins and brush each half with some garlic butter. This is kind of my favorite step in the whole process – love me some garlic butter!
- Cook up some scrambled eggs. I’ll tell you how in the instructions below, but most likely you already know how to make them so just follow your instinct on this one.
- Cook up some crispy bacon. Fry it up in a skillet, microwave it, or bake it in the oven. I like to cook a whole package at once for us to eat with breakfast on the weekend, then save the leftover for using in different recipes throughout the week, like these Breakfast Pizzas. Or if you’re not a bacon fan, try some crumbled sausage or diced ham. Or go meatless with just eggs and cheese.
- Grate some fresh cheese – cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella. You could even use feta or goat cheese, which are my favorites. Use whatever you have on hand.
- Layer it all up, top with sliced green onions, and bake those pretty boys up until they’re nice and crispy on the bottom.
My whole family gobbled up these English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas. The leftovers were individually wrapped, then heated up for quick and easy on-the-go eating, which is great for busy mornings when we almost run out of time to eat!
Be sure to try these other easy breakfast recipes:
- Grab & Go Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits
- Easy Egg & Sausage Breakfast Muffins
- French Toast Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart Muffins
- Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins
English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
- 4 English Muffins
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 large eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked breakfast meats (bacon, sausage, ham)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 green onions thinly sliced, greens reserved for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic salt. Split English Muffins in half and brush each half with the garlic butter mixture. Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk eggs with 2 tablespoons of milk and pour in the skillet.
- Stir eggs until soft set (cooked through but still moist). Stir in the breakfast meat and green onions; season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop some of the scrambled egg mixture onto each muffin and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted and muffins are toasted.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and a pinch of freshly cracked black pepper if desired and serve immediately.
- Make ahead and freeze: Wrap pizzas individually in plastic wrap or foil. Store in a tightly sealed container or zip-top bag and freeze for up to 6 months. To bake, remove desired amount of pizzas and unwrap. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated, 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and muffins are toasted. Garnish with sliced green onions if desired. Alternatively, wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave frozen pizzas for 1-2 minutes.