These Egg & Sausage Breakfast Muffins are a great way to start your morning. Easy to whip up and perfect for freezing. Breakfast? Done.
*This post is an update from this one.
I made these Breakfast Muffins several years back and despite the not-so-lovely photos, they have been quite popular on the site. I thought it was high time for a remake, and it reminded me just much much we love these little babies!
The ingredients are pretty basic: Eggs, Milk, Cheese, Sausage (or ham, or bacon), and stuffing mix. Yeah, that last one threw me too. But let me tell you, it was good. Like REALLY good. The original recipe (I’m not sure where it came from, but if you do, please let me know!) was for a large casserole but I knew it would be fun and cute as muffins. They are similar to a frittata, and are fluffy, super delicious with a nice, golden brown outside crust.
Of course they are incredibly easy to make, too. Because mama ain’t got time for a complicated breakfast. Whisk together the eggs and milk, cook the sausage, grate the cheese. Put it all together with some seasoned stuffing mix and boom! Breakfast is done.
Well, almost done…you still have to bake it. But that takes less than 30 minutes and then you really are done.
Seasoned Egg & Sausage Breakfast Cups
Yield 12 muffins
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups Seasoned Stuffing Mix (like Mrs. Cubbison's or Stovetop)
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8-ounces breakfast sausage, cooked and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rough chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk until well combined. Stir in salt, stuffing mix, sausage and half of the cheese.
- Divide egg mixture into the 12 muffin cups and top with remaining cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly before using a knife to gently release them from the pan.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve hot.
For more easy breakfast ideas, try these: