This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A Baked Apple Pancake is a thick, tender oven pancake full of apples, brown sugar and cinnamon
The Best Baked Apple Pancakes
If there’s one meal my kids want me to make over and over again, it’s oven pancakes. I’ve shared my recipe for oven pancakes with you but this time I’ve thrown is some sweet and tangy apples for a delicious breakfast that’s perfect for any occasion.
The recipe is very easy to whip up and takes just 20 minutes to bake, giving you more time for morning cartoon snuggles.
You will need a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand – butter, eggs, flours, brown sugar, cinnamon, apples and milk.
How to Make Baked Apple Pancakes
Melt the butter in a 12’x8″ or in a 9″ pie pan in the oven while it preheats. While the butter is melting, whisk the flour, milk, eggs together. Toss some brown sugar and cinnamon into the buttered dish, followed by sliced apples and finally the egg mixture.
Place the dish in the oven for about twenty minutes, until it starts to brown on top. We love to watch it as it puffs up while it cooks. Then turn it over onto a plate or cutting board.
How to Serve
Apple pancakes are delicious on their own, because of that buttery brown sugar topping. But you can dress it up with maple syrup, butter or whipped cream and a sprinkling of ground cinnamon.
Storage and Freezing
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
Freeze in a plastic freezer bag for up to 3 months.
I typically make this in a 9″ pie plate, but I’ve also used a 12×8 pan, which creates a thinner pancake. I have doubled this recipe in the 12×8 pan and it still comes out great, just much thicker. It all depends on your preference.
More Pancake Recipes
Apple Oven Pancake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 medium sized crisp apple peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in a 11″ x 8″ or 8-9″ pie pan and slide into the oven to melt while the oven is pre-heating.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix together until blended. Set aside.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle butter with brown sugar and cinnamon. Arrange sliced apples on top in a single layer. Pour the batter over the apples.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and turn it over onto a cutting board. (It will get nice and poofy while it’s baking but will sink considerably after turning it out of the pan). Slice it up and serve with fruit, syrup or powdered sugar.