Last updated on
This Caramel Apple Pie Pizza is the ultimate fall dessert! Delicious dutch apple pie on top of pizza crust, all drizzled with sweet caramel topping! An Apple Pie Lover’s dream dessert!
Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing what just may the best dessert I have ever made! Caramel Apple Pie Dessert Pizza is the ultimate mash up of pizza and the classic fall dessert, apple pie. We have had some brisk days recently and I can feel that fall is so close! I live in the mountains, so for us, fall means crisp nights, falling leaves, and of course, pumpkin and apple everything! I love pumpkin, but if I had to pick between the two, I would pick apple every time. There is truly nothing like a delicious apple pie and this dessert is a fun, creative twist on the classic.
When I was younger, I used to frequent a chain pizza restaurant buffet every Friday with my friends. For $3.99, we ate as much pizza as we could handle. Once we were done with the traditional pizza, we moved on to their delicious apple pie dessert pizza. It was overly sweet and so sugary, but oh so good.
My version doesn’t taste much like the restaurant version, but I do own them the idea! I recently remembered their dessert pizza and knew it would be something my daughter would love. With fall around the corner, I knew it was the perfect time to whip up this fun recipe.
I took two short cuts in this recipe and used store bought pizza crust and also canned apple pie filling. My dad actually cans tons of apples every fall and I used one of his last cans. Feel free to use your favorite homemade apple pie filling or your preferred store version. If you are buying from the store, use one of the lighter sugar versions so your dessert isn’t too sweet. For the pizza crust, make sure to get a thin version. It crisps up better and tastes more like traditional pie crust. I like to use the individual sized crusts.
Are you looking forward to fall or would you prefer to stay in summer? I cannot wait for cooler temps and of course, for lots and lots of apple recipes!
Caramel Apple Pie Dessert Pizza
For the pizza:
- 2 thin individual sized pizza crusts
- 1 28 oz. can apple pie filling you won't use all of it
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
For the topping:
- 5 tbsp. butter cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 heaping tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put your pizza crusts on a baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, add your apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well. Add a layer of apple mixture onto each pizza. You will have some apples remaining.
- In another mixing bowl, add butter, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Either use a pastry blender, or two forks to cut in the butter. Combine until small clumps form. Split filling between both pizzas.
- Put pizzas into the oven and bake for 2o-25 minutes, or until golden brown. If your pizza edges get too brown, make a tent with foil.
- Remove from oven, and once completely cool, drizzle caramel sauce onto each pizza. Cut into triangles and serve at room temperature.
Looking for more fall recipes?
Here another favorite apple dessert:
And for more delicious fall desserts, try these: