Last updated on
Who doesn’t adore tiny desserts? These Mini Maple Pumpkin Pies are the perfect way to kick off Fall. They have a hint of maple in every bite as well as a punch of pumpkin spice! Top these cuties with a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!
I’m incredibly anxious for fall to be here. The stores are apparently not. Talk about having a hard time trying to find a few cans of pumpkin in August and don’t even dare to inquire. If looks could kill, I’m pretty sure I would be laying dead in one of the local supermarkets here.
Anyway, I love all the flavors that pair with fall and I feel like my recipes get a little more creative. Plus, I can wear a comfy hoodie and after taste testing 160 cookie recipes for my cookbook, I need a hoodie until I can make my way to the treadmill.
What I love about these mini maple pumpkin pies is that they are baked in a cupcake pan. No specialty pan needed and I think most people will have a cupcake pan on hand. To avoid the pie crust from sticking, I coated the pan with cooking spray. I always go the extra mile to make sure my desserts come out of the pan because there’s nothing worse than a ruined dessert and/or ruined pan because it’s stuck fast to a pan.
I love that this recipe makes exactly 12 little pies too. Once you fill up the cupcake pan, that’s it. Unless you want to do it in the mini cupcake pans. I didn’t test the recipe in the mini pans, but it will definitely work. I just don’t have the exact baking times or the yield number for you.
These would be the perfect bite-sized dessert for a fall party or holiday dessert table. Other great ideas would be a pumpkin pie dip, spiced pumpkin parfaits, and pumpkin truffles. You also don’t need to wait for a party or gathering of any sort. You can make them now like I do!
Mini Maple Pumpkin Pies Recipe:
Mini Maple Pumpkin Pies
- 2 store-bought pie crusts or homemade
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. maple extract
- 1 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly flour the countertop and roll the dough out. Cut 12 4-inch rounds out of the pie dough.
- Spray the cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add a round piece of pie dough to each up the cupcake cavities. Press out any ripples in the dough and trim off any dough that hangs over the top of the cupcake pan cavity. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the canned pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until combined.
- Stir in the egg and maple extract until incorporated.
- Add in the evaporated milk and stir until incorporated.
- Fill each pie crust to the top with the filling. You should still be able to see the crust around around the edges though.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the pies no longer jiggle and the crust is slightly golden.
- Turn the oven off and open the door while the mini pies cool completely.
- Once the pies are cooled, pipe whipped cream on top with an 1M tip.
- Store in the fridge.
Here’s another decadent pumpkin pie recipe to try:
And for more delicious fall treats, try these: