My Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are are tender and moist and pack a delicious punch of pumpkin pie spice and chocolate.
I love fall baking. I get to break out the pumpkin and the spices and just go to town, swapping the pumpkin into tons of different goodies, like my Pumpkin Cookie Whoopie Pies. It makes all of those delicious treat a little better for you since canned pumpkin takes the place of heavier alternative like oil, butter and eggs.
A simple cake mix cookie is the base for these Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Combine the yellow cake mix with a can of pumpkin, a little melted butter and a whole bunch of mini chocolate chips and these delicious cookies are the crave-worthy result.
The best part about baking with pumpkin, aside from the health benefits, is that pumpkin is such a neutral flavor that while you can taste it, it’s not over powering like other vegetables.
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are sweet, but not too sweet, super tender and fluffy with a punch of pumpkin spice and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add them to to your fall baking checklist – they are perfect and easy enough to have your kids helping in the kitchen! Mine are already begging to make them again so I guess I’d better get busy!
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe:
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can pumpkin
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together yellow cake mix and pumpkin pie spice. With an electric mixer, beat in pumpkin and melted butter.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons (using a cookie scoop, preferably) onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool on the baking sheets for several minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in a airtight container for up to one week, or 3 months in the freezer.
If you liked these Pumpkin Cookies, you should try these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars!
And for more delicious pumpkin recipes, try these:
- Pumpkin Pie & Apple Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Alfredo
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins