Perfect for a fall breakfast, this is an easy recipe for pumpkin donuts that are soft and fluffy, with a delicate cinnamon sugar coating. They are so delicious, you’ll be making them all season long!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
Fall means pumpkin season and have I got a treat for you! Pumpkin donuts are my absolute favorite fall snack and they are perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning or a cup of tea in the afternoon. My daughter loves to bake and pumpkin donuts have become one of her favorite things to make. This is an easy recipe that anyone can handle!
Pumpkin donuts are baked instead of fried so they have a moist, cake-like texture. They are delicious plain or dipped in cinnamon sugar and it’s a small batch recipe that can easily be doubled for sharing with friends. Plus they’re easy to make, so tasty, and save me an early morning trip to the donut shop!
How to Make Pumpkin Donuts
This easy pumpkin donuts recipe is perfect for beginner bakers and experienced chefs alike.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Fill the donut pan with batter.
- Bake until cooked all the way through and dip in cinnamon sugar.
What can I use instead of a donut pan?
To get that perfectly round shape with the signature hole in the center, use a donut pan. If you don’t have a donut pan and don’t really want to add one to your collection, you can use a muffin pan. This recipe will make about about a dozen muffins.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- A great tip for filling the donut pan – pour the batter into a gallon sized plastic bag. Snip off one end and pipe the batter into the pan.
- Love pumpkin spice? Swap it out for this cinnamon in this recipe!
- Make a powdered sugar glaze instead by whisking powdered sugar with a little bit of milk and cinnamon and drizzling over the pumpkin donuts.
- More recipes that use pumpkin puree: Pumpkin Pancakes, Pumpkin Sugar Cookies, Pumpkin Apple Bread and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. For something savory, try our Pumpkin Alfredo!
More Pumpkin Recipes to Love
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Creamy Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- Pumpkin Pie & Apple Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Baked French Toast
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- donut pan
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon sugar dust:
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, egg, vegetable oil and brown sugar together until combined smoothly.
- Whisk together the salt, flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients just until combined. Let the mixture sit, covered with a towel for 10 minutes.
- Spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Fill them ¾ of the way. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- While the donuts are baking, whisk the sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before tossing them in the cinnamon sugar.