Last updated on
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is moist, tender and filled with chocolate chips and warm spices. Perfect for fall & impossible to resist!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious pumpkin recipe for fall – then this pumpkin bread with chocolate chips is exactly what you’re looking for. It’s soft, tender, extra-moist and packed with flavor thanks to the pumpkin and chocolate chips.
For the longest time, I actually wasn’t too sure about the combination of pumpkin and chocolate. I had seen so many pumpkin chocolate recipes on Pinterest that seemed super popular, but I wondered if it would be a bit of a flavor overkill with both flavors combined. Delicious on their own? Absolutely. But pumpkin AND chocolate together? I wasn’t quite sure.
But my curiosity got the better of me and I had to try it. Let’s just say that I wish I hadn’t waited so long because pumpkin and chocolate are so delicious together. And when you make this pumpkin chocolate chip bread, you’re in for one delicious treat.
How to make Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
This pumpkin bread recipe is ultra moist and tender because we’re using oil, 2 eggs and pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling). Then the bread is filled with so much flavor because of the brown sugar, spices, pumpkin, and chocolate chips.
The recipe super easy and doesn’t even require an electric mixer.
- To get started, first we whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Then in a large bowl whisk together the oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract.
- The pumpkin gets mixed into the wet ingredients, then gently fold the dry ingredients into the bowl followed by the chocolate chips.
- Make sure you bake it in a 9×5 inch loaf pan instead of an 8-inch loaf pan, otherwise it can overflow. I definitely recommend using a light-colored loaf pan if possible, because it helps prevent burning on the edges.
- Your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread will bake for about 45-55 minutes, and fill your kitchen with the most delicious pumpkin spice smell.
This pumpkin bread with chocolate chips is such a delicious fall recipe, and whether you’ve tried pumpkin and chocolate together before or not, I definitely recommend trying this pumpkin loaf recipe!
Can I make muffins with this recipe?
Yes! Muffins are a great way to get an easy grab and go snack instead of having to slice the loaf. This recipe will yield about 12 regular sized muffins.
How to store pumpkin bread
- To store Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread or muffins, place them in a plastic bag or airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, wrap bread or muffins in foil then place them in a freezer bag and keep frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight, and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes if desired.
For more pumpkin recipes, try these other favorites!
- Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease & flour the bottom and sides of a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil and sugars until smooth. Then whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- Fold the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, then gently fold in the chocolate chips. I reserve about 1 tablespoon for sprinkling on top.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, optionally sprinkle the top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.