This Pumpkin Apple Bread has all of those favorite warm fall flavors you love in the cool fall and winter months.
It’s shaping up to be a rainy fall day her in Southern California – our first “storm watch” of the season! Yes, they really do call it “Storm Watch” when we have a 50% chance of rain. Either way, I’m just excited to get to where my new boots! (See that cute outfit I’m wearing in my photo in the sidebar? Yup, same outfit I’m wearing right now as I type this post! Love.) Of course with rainy, dreary weather comes an obsessive need to bake. Like, a lot. This recipe for Pumpkin Apple Bread is perfect, and easy to whip up during naptime.
This is a very versatile recipe – you could add raisins or cranberries or even sub applesauce or yogurt for the oil. It makes perfect muffins too. I actually like to do both – make a dozen muffins and one pan of bread. So yummy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also enjoy:
Pumpkin Apple Bread
- 2 1/2 cups flour (I use 1 cup all-purpose and 1/2 cups whole wheat)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2-9" bread pans.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, and oil.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in chopped apples and pour into two 9" bread pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.