This Pumpkin Apple Bread has all of those favorite warm fall flavors you love in the cool fall and winter months. Ridiculously moist and tender, this pumpkin bread makes an excellent breakfast, snack or even gift idea for fall!
It’s shaping up to be a rainy fall day her in Southern California – our first “storm watch” of the season! Yes, they really do call it “Storm Watch” when we have a 50% chance of rain. Either way, I’m just excited to get to where my new boots! (See that cute outfit I’m wearing in my photo in the sidebar? Yup, same outfit I’m wearing right now as I type this post! Love.) Of course with rainy, dreary weather comes an obsessive need to bake. Like, a lot. This recipe for Pumpkin Apple Bread is perfect, and easy to whip up during naptime.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD WITH APPLES
This is a very versatile recipe – you could add raisins or cranberries or even sub applesauce or yogurt for the oil to make it a healthier pumpkin bread recipe. It makes perfect muffins too. I actually like to do both – make a dozen muffins and one pan of bread. So yummy!
This pumpkin apple bread recipe will fill two 9-inch loaf pans. Make sure to grease them generously, or line them with parchment paper first for easy lifting.
PRO TIP: Line loaf pans with parchment paper the goes up just two sides to act as handles for removing the bread from the pan. It will make your life so much easier!
WHAT KIND OF APPLES SHOULD I USE FOR THIS PUMPKIN APPLE BREAD RECIPE?
I almost always recommend granny smith apples for baking, because I love the tart flavor and they are crisp so they hold up really well and don’t get super mushy. Other good options would be honeycrisp, galas or other crisp, tart apple varieties. An apple with a more mealy texture, like Red Delicious, would just melt and not hold up in this recipe.
WHAT DO YOU EAT PUMPKIN BREAD WITH?
This pumpkin apple bread is just begging for a simple butter spread, but here are a few more options for spreading:
- Homemade Apple butter
- Cinnamon butter
- Cream cheese
My daughter is a huge fan of using flavored butter AND cream cheese on her apple bread, so there’s always that option!
If you enjoyed this Pumpkin Apple Bread recipe, you may also enjoy:
- Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon Apple Bundt Cake Recipe
- Easy Microwave Apple Crisp in a Mug
- Whole Wheat Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
- Caramel Apple Brownies
Tools used to make my Pumpkin Bread recipe:
9-inch Loaf Pans: These are great and affordable, and come in a set of two.
Parchment paper – I prefer parchment to foil; it’s just easier to work with and is just as nonstick. Plus it just looks prettier!
Chef Knife: This is my favorite and the one that I use in my kitchen all day long.
Pumpkin Apple Bread
- 2 1/2 cups flour I use a combination of all-purpose and whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled cored and chopped apples (Granny Smith, Honeycrisp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2-9" bread pans and/or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, and oil.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Gently fold in chopped apples and pour evenly into two 9" bread pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.