Easy Microwave Apple Crisp in a Mug is the perfect fall dessert. It’s the perfect single-servings fall dessert with cinnamon apples & oatmeal crisp topping!
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing a deliciously easy, fall recipe. While I could eat apple flavored desserts all year long, nothing is better on a chilly night than a warm and cinnamony apple dessert! But this apple crisp recipe is not your average fruit dessert, it is made in individual serving sizes and can be done in the microwave! So whenever that apple crisp craving hits, you can make this easy dessert recipe in just minutes!
When my husband and I were first married and childless, we got into the habit of making mug cakes almost nightly after dinner! It was so nice to have dessert on demand in only minutes, with nearly zero effort. Well, once kids came, we found ourselves having dessert less often, unless just recently when my daughter discovered mug cakes from YouTube videos! She asks for them weekly, and since they are so easy, I often oblige.
I have had fun coming up with new easy microwave mug cake recipes, but have been craving an apple version and knew I had to experiment a little until I found the perfect recipe! After a few tries, I have perfected these Mug Apple Crisps and love how they are like a little cup of fall, in one single serving!
I live in the mountains of PA and fall is in full swing here! Trips to the pumpkin patch and apple orchard each weekend and beautiful leaves on our mountaintops always remind me that this is my favorite time of the year. Not only is the weather beautiful, but you can’t beat fall foods! It is the season of comfort food and apples, and that is one of my favorite combinations! This Mug Apple Crisp Recipe is the perfect end to any fall evening!
Want more of my favorite fall apple recipes?
- Classic Apple Pie Recipe
- Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake Dip
- Cinnamon Apple Bundt Cake Recipe
- Apple Walnut Cinnamon Rolls
Easy Microwave Apple Crisp in a Mug
For the apple filling:
- 1 apple peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 tbsp. of melted butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp flour
For the crisp topping:
- 2 tbsp of softened butter not melted!
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Mix apple filling ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix together crisp ingredients. Work in the butter with a fork.
- Layer half the apples in a microwave safe bowl, mug, or ramekin. Top with half the crisp mixture. Add another layer of apples and then the remaining crisp mixture. Place in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes.
- Careful, it will be very hot when removing from the microwave! Serve warm with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
- If you want to make in the oven, you can bake in an oven-safe ramekin for 10-12 minutes in a 375-degree oven.
- You can add more/less cinnamon and brown sugar to taste.
Looking for more easy fall recipes?