Strawberry Brownies are a super simple springtime dessert that comes together easily with just a few pantry ingredients and some fresh strawberries.
When I think of spring I think of butterflies and cool breezes, rainy days and flowers, and lots and lots of strawberry recipes. These strawberry brownies are a new favorite because they are super easy to make and so delicious. Everyone loves them!
The recipe starts with cake mix, eggs and oil. I love to add cream cheese to cake mix bars to give them super moist and creamy. These strawberry brownies and rich like a brownie, with the sweet tanginess of strawberries. I love the addition of the fresh strawberries on top because they not only just look really pretty but they add a bit of texture as well.
Tips for Making Strawberry Brownies from a Cake Mix
- Use an electric mixer. This mixture is thick, which give the brownies their dense texture, but it does make it a little difficult to mix by hand. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer will save your arms a workout. (affiliate links)
- Don’t over mix. Over-mixing will result in a tough brownie, and no one wants that. Mix the batter just until no more of the dry powder is visible.
- Add mix-ins. For extra texture and flavor contrast, add a cup of white chocolate chips or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter and fold them in just until combined. Freeze dried strawberries would be a great addition too. Just don’t use fresh strawberries IN the batter – the moisture will keep the strawberry brownies from baking up properly.
If you love using cake mix recipe short-cuts, here are a few more to try:
- Chocolate Cake Mix Milky Way Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Mix Brownies
- Lemon Coconut Cake Mix Bars
And if strawberry recipes are what you’re after, try these:
Ready to make some Strawberry Brownies? Here’s the recipe!
Yield 15 brownies
- 1 box Strawberry cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer set to medium speed, combine the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and cream cheese until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Batter will be thick, so use your fingers if necessary.
- Arrange the thinly sliced strawberries on top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until edges are starting to brown and center looks mostly set. Strawberries should be somewhat dried out.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.