Slutty Brownies are really the “ultimate brownie”! A homemade cookie dough base, topped with Oreos and then brownie batter. Baked to perfection – ooey, gooey and delicious!
Next Level Brownies
Raise your hand if you love Brownies? Oreos? Chocolate Chip Cookies? (if you aren’t raising your hand, this isn’t the recipe for you). This brownie recipe is a mash-up – combining two recipes in one pan. I think it’s the best of both worlds!
I am SO into this dessert right now. My husband said they are the best brownies I’ve ever made, and begs me to make them anytime I am in the mood for baking. We are currently stuck in the house, so it’s baking time!
These brownies are great for sharing (or not) and disappear fast whenever I bring them to parties or send them into my husband’s office. Because they’re so easy to make, I can whip them up the night before and they’re ready to go for when I need them. I love playing around with different types of Oreos based on what I have on hand, and what occasion I’m making them for!
What Are Slutty Brownies?
A dreamy decadent dessert, beginning with a cookie dough base, topped with a layer of Oreos and then brownie batter poured over the top. Baked, cooled, sliced and devoured.
I did a little research and I found that they were originally named “Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar” by Kevin and Amanda, and then someone else made them… and they were “oh so easy, and more than a little bit filthy.” So there you have it.
Top Tips and FAQs
- Can I make this using packed mixes? Absolutely, you can and should. This recipe is supposed to be easy! If you don’t have boxed ingredients, making the layers from scratch is also pretty easy. Sometimes I use my Homemade Brownie Mix and Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe to make the layers, other times – I’ll make just the cookie dough, or just the brownie batter and use store-bought box mix options for the other layer. The choice is yours!
- What kind of Oreos should I use? Use any kind of Oreo you enjoy (I think the birthday cake oreos would be epic). Double stuffed will get you a more defined white frosting piece in the middle. This recipe is also great for holidays – St Patrick’s Day, use mint Oreos. Halloween – use the pumpkin spice ones
- How to Store: Slutty brownies will keep about 5 days in an airtight container. To freeze them instead, wrap in parchment paper and store in a freezer bag for up to 4 months.
- How to Serve: Not decadent enough? Eat warmed brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, and drizzled with caramel sauce. YUM!
How to Make Slutty Brownies
We’re making these brownies in layers, first the chocolate chip cookie, then oreos, then brownie batter. It should go without saying that you need to start by preheating your oven, but I’ll go ahead and say it anyway. Also you’ll want to spray a large baking pan with nonstick cookie spray. You could also line it with foil or parchment paper. Now you’re ready to make Slutty Brownies!
- Make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Layer. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, then add the vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the flour mixture to the bowl, gradually and mix until well blended. Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Make the Brownie Layer. Prepare the brownie batter according to the recipe or package instructions. There are lots of different brownies recipes out there, so go with your favorite.
- Assemble Brownies. Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan, then add the Oreos over the top (as many as you can fit!). Pour the brownie batter over the top and spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 -45 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Time to eat! Cool, slice, devour slutty brownies in that order.
Some of Our Favorite Dessert Recipes
Every good meal needs a delicious dessert to follow! Here are a few of our favorite decadent desserts.
- One Bowl Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Peppermint Patty Brownies
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Strawberry Brownies
- Cheesecake Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Recipe
- Pound Cake
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 1 box brownie mix prepared as directed but not baked
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt in bowl, set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, or large bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Reduce speed, and gradually mix in the flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Mix the brownie batter together following the instructions on the box. *NOTE: Ingredients listed below brownie layer section in the recipe are typical to a boxed mixed. Check your box for differences.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with melted butter or cooking spray. Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan, then add the Oreos over the top (as many as you can fit!). Pour the brownie batter over the top and smooth so it is evenly spread
- Bake at 350 for 35 -45 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Cool completely, then slice and devour.