Snickerdoodle Cookies are a classic, and this is the BEST recipe for them right here. Tender, soft and chewy with cinnamon inside and a crispy cinnamon sugar coating, this will be your new go-to recipe!
These Snickerdoodle Cookies were always a family favorite, especially with my dad. He would get so excited when my mom would make them, and they usually didn’t last long. Flash forward to today, and they are still a family favorite, only now my kids are the reason they disappear so quickly!
If you ask my daughter what her favorite flavor is, she’ll say cinnamon. She’s like a bloodhound – she can smell the warm scent of cinnamon from a mile a way. Her eyes get really big, her smile widens, and I swear you can sense the saliva pooling in her mouth as she salivates over whatever the cinnamon smell could be for.
Truth be told, I’m not either. I love all those amazing warm, comforting scents of fall. Pumpkin Spice? You’re speaking my love language; and it’s got nothing to do with Starbucks.
There’s nothing better then biting into a warm, tender, chewy cookie that’s been coated with cinnamon sugar. Snickerdoodle cookies take a tiny bit more effort than regular drop cookies, but they’re worth it. Just a quick roll through that cinnamon sugar mixture and you’re good to go.
Want to really go crazy? Try stuffing them with caramel.
The first time I tried these it was like the heavens had parted and the angels were singing. They’re that good.
But there’s just something about a classic that takes you back to childhood and that just what these Best Ever Snickerdoodle Cookies do.
Best Snickerdoodle Cookies:
Best Ever Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and 1 cup of sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to the wet ingredients and mix well until a nice dough forms.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon together in a shallow dish (like a pie plate) and set aside.
- Divide dough and roll into balls about 2 tablespoons in size. (Using a cookie scoop is very helpful for this). Roll into a ball and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cook completely.
- Store cooled cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to one week.
Love these Snickerdoodle Cookies? Try my Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars!
And for other delicious cookie recipes, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.