These Dark Chocolate Brownie Cookies are rich and decadent and full of deep chocolate flavor.
I set out the other day to make some chocolate cookies. I wanted soft, chewy cookies, that had an intense chocolate flavor, similar to brownies, but no cutting required. These Dark Chocolate Brownie Cookies most definitely fulfilled that desire!
These chocolate cookies are tender on the inside, slightly chewy and had the most decadent chocolate taste thanks to the dark chocolate chunks that are melted down with some butter to create the chocolate base. You could also use semi-sweet chocolate if you like your chocolate a little sweeter.
Another option would be to add nuts – we are a nut-free household but I think adding some chopped pecans or walnuts would help to cut through the richness. Either way, these are seriously amazing cookies…now if you’ll excuse me I am going to enjoy another cookie…or 12.
- 20 ounces dark chocolate chips/chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl in 15 second intervals, stirring at each interval, until melted and combined. Allow to cool on the counter for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugars to combine, then whisk in eggs. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture until well combined. Gently stir in flour mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Using a regular cookie scoop (about 1.5 tablespoons), divide batter onto the prepared baking sheets (I got 12 per sheet - they don't spread too much.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until edges are cooked and centers are soft. Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
Want more cookie recipes? Try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.