These Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies with M&Ms are loaded with chocolate and super soft and chewy. They are made with brown sugar which adds a warm, rich flavor. These are soon to be your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie!
If you love chocolate chip cookies, you’ve got to try out this recipe (and if you don’t, then we can no longer be friends). It’s got tons of chocolate and it uses just brown sugar, for a warm molasses flavor. The brown sugar helps give a chewy texture while the added cornstarch keeps the cookies nice and soft.
Like a typical cookie dough, you mix together the butter and brown sugar until the mixture is super light and fluffy. Then add your eggs, vanilla, flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Then you fold in those glorious semi-sweet chocolate chips and color M&Ms. Don’t forget to save some to dot the tops of your cookies before baking. For this recipe, I like to use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter for a nice big, bakery style cookie.
The key to a soft and chewy cookie is not overbaking. You want the cookies to be just barely browning on the outer edges. Don’t worry if they don’t look quite set in the center; they will set as they cool.
These Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies are really easy to make. If I were you I’d make a double, maybe even a triple batch. They freeze beautifully for up to 4 months! Not that they’d ever last that long at my house.
Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies with M&Ms
Yield 12 -24 cookies (depending on size)
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate m&ms
- In a stand mixture with the paddle attachment, cream together softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and stir for 1 minute, until completely combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and cornstarch, just until combined. I prefer to use a wooden spoon for this step.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and m&ms.
- Use a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop (about 3-4 tablespoons) to shape dough into balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the edges just start to brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week, or freeze for unto 4 months.
For more delicious cookie recipes, try these: