These Rice Crispy Cookies with Chocolate and Butterscotch Chips have a great texture that makes these cookies completely irresistible.
I had half a box of Rice Krispies Cereal leftover from my Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats, but no marshmallows. What’s a girl to do? Make cookies of course! But Rice Krispies in cookies? I hadn’t seen it before and wasn’t sure how it would turn out.
I was pleasantly surprised that the cereal stayed nice and crisp and gave the cookies a nice texture. We are a nut-free house and I sometimes miss the texture of nuts in my favorite cookies so this was a delicious variation.
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and cereal.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For more delicious cookies, try these:
For all desserts and treats, go HERE.
For a complete list of recipes, go HERE.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.