This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Rice Crispy Cookies with Chocolate and Butterscotch Chips have a great texture that makes these cookies completely irresistible.
I had half a box of Rice Krispies Cereal leftover from my Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats, but no marshmallows. What’s a girl to do? Make cookies of course! But Rice Krispies in cookies? I hadn’t seen it before and wasn’t sure how it would turn out.
I was pleasantly surprised that the cereal stayed nice and crisp and gave the cookies a nice texture. We are a nut-free house and I sometimes miss the texture of nuts in my favorite cookies so this was a delicious variation.
Rice Crispy Cookies with Chocolate and Butterscotch Chips
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and cereal.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For more delicious cookies, try these:
For all desserts and treats, go HERE.
For a complete list of recipes, go HERE.