These one bowl brownies couldn’t be easier to make. With just 6 ingredients they come together quickly and with just one bowl and a spoon – there’s hardly any clean up!
It’s no secret that I have an affinity for brownies. Rich and fudgy or thick and cakey, it makes no difference to me! These brownies though, are so fudgy and rich and chocolately, they are definitely a favorite recipe.
I love that I can mix everything together in one bowl, and that I don’t even need a mixer. In fact, for fudgier brownies, you definitely want to use a wooden spoon to mix as over-mixing can result in a more cake-like brownie.
These one bowl brownies also lend themselves to additions – for an extra chocolately brownie, fold in a half cup chocolate chips. Or add some crunch by adding in a half cup of walnuts, pecans, or even crushed up pretzels. Line the pan with graham crackers and fold in some mini marshmallows for S’Mores brownies! The possibilities are endless!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go make another batch…
6-Ingredient, 1 Bowl BrowniesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg + 1 yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter and chocolate chip in a medium size, microwaveable mixing bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir, and continue microwaving and stirring in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Beat in sugar, then vanilla and eggs, until well combined.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Pour into a well greased 8"x8" pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Fore more chocolate desserts, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.