Make a double batch of these soft, bakery style chocolate chip muffins and have breakfast for the week. They’re delicious as an afternoon snack, too!
Hey y’all! Kelley from the Grant life here again to share another easy recipe. My kids went back to school this week and things have been a little hectic. We are still on summer schedules in the Grant house. We are still trying to figure out how to get dressed, eat breakfast, get out the door AND be on time to school. Anyone else have that same problem?? I bet right around Christmas break we will get into our back to school groove.
My easy solution is to make one portable breakfast at the beginning of the week. The drive from the house to school is the perfect time for the kids to get a quick breakfast in and still be on time. These bakery style chocolate chip muffins are the perfect solution for a quick, easy and delicious breakfast. I can’t guarantee your kids will be on time to school, but they will be well fed.
Another plus to these chocolate chip muffins is that your kiddos can help you make them. They are super easy to toss together and who can resist sneaking a chocolate chip taste test while baking? I can’t!
Tips for Making Perfect Chocolate Chip Muffins
Start by preheating your oven and prepping a 12-count muffin pan (aff). Preheating the oven ensures even cooking time. Prep the muffin pan in one of two ways:
- Line the cups with paper liners.
- Grease the muffins cups generously with nonstick cooking spray.
My preferred way is to grease the pan so I don’t have to worry about the liners sticking to the muffins, and they look nice and smooth all the way around.
Next you will combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, and then fold in the chocolate chips. Add the chips last helps to keep them from getting clumped together or falling to the bottom of the muffins. The batter is then distributed evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
A little secret tip for portioning muffins – use an ice cream scoop! This will help to make sure each muffin is the same size to ensure even cooking, plus, and one ice cream scoop will fill the muffin cups about 2/3 of the way, which is exactly what you want.
The crumb topping gives these beautiful chocolate chips muffins that bakery style feel and takes them way over the top. Enjoy!
Here are some more delicious muffin recipes to try:
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 and prep a 12-count muffin pan by generously greasing the cups with nonstick cooking spray or filling them with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in egg, milk, vanilla extract and oil until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute muffin batter among the muffins cups in the prepared pan. An ice cream scoop can be helpful for portioning.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumb topping ingredients together. Crumble with your fingers.
- Top muffins with the crumb mixture.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the middle muffin comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the muffin pans sitting on a wire rack.
Here are some more easy breakfast recipes to try:
Hey yall! I’m Kelley the author behind the Grant life blog. Over there I share easy recipes and mix in stories about our family. I’m also a licensed REALTOR in the state of Texas. I love fresh ingredients, my skillet and chasing my kiddos around the house!