Tender, fluffy Strawberry Muffins made even better for you with whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt. Perfect for breakfast or an after school snack!
Last week was spring break for us and I made sure to plan some fun adventures. We took a little mini vacation for three nights down to San Diego. We have friends there and spent some time at the Zoo, at the Natural History Museum and of course, relaxing by the pool. It was such a wonderful time of rejuvenation and the weather was absolute perfection.
On our way back home, we stopped in Carlsbad to pick up some strawberries. I discovered this stand there near the Carlsbad Outlet Mall years ago, and it rivals any strawberry stand that I’ve ever been to. The best strawberries around! Once we parked we realized that they even have a “pick your own” option. My kids were pretty disappointed that we didn’t have time for that, but we’ll definitely be heading back. To make up for it though, I bough a half flat (that’s six baskets!) of strawberries. I already had ideas for what I wanted to make with them, and these delicious muffins were first on the list!
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- Course sugar if desired for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, salt, and baking soda together and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar. Add in oil, vanilla, and Greek yogurt.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture, careful not to over-mix (batter will be lumpy).
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with batter (an ice cream scoop gives a perfect portion). Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick slides out clean.
adapted from Baked Perfection.
For more delicious muffin recipes, try these:
For all recipes on the site, go HERE.