Chewy, gooey Oreo Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect cookies and cream treat! Take your Rice Krispies to the next level with this easy recipe.
It’s hard to beat an easy, no-bake dessert. Especially when there are marshmallows and Oreo cookies involved. These Oreo Rice Krispie treats are extra gooey and packed with chopped Oreo cookies. They can be made in either the microwave or on the stove, and make a great lunch box treat.
Oreo Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
For these Oreo treats, we’re basically taking your classic Rice Krispie treat recipe, and subbing out some of the cereal for chopped Oreo cookies. You’ll chop the cookies whole – so that there’s both wafers and filling in the bars. Because I like my Rice Krispies extra gooey, I like to use a little less cereal so that they’re extra chewy.
There are two simple methods I have used with great success – the microwave and the stovetop. Each method takes just minutes from start to finish.
If you’d like to use the microwave to make your treats, you’ll add the butter and marshmallows to a very large bowl. Microwave on medium power for 45 seconds, remove from the microwave and stir. You’ll repeat the process until they’re just melted together. It’s super important that the microwave is on medium power (not high), otherwise, the sugar of the marshmallows can burn.
Stove Top Method
You can also melt the butter and marshmallows together in a large saucepan over low heat while gently stirring. I always make Rice Krispie treats that way because that’s how my Mom and I did it when I was a kid – but it’s totally up to you.
How to Make Rice Krispie Treats with Oreos
- Start by melting butter and marshmallows together using one of the methods outlined above.
- Stir the cereal and chopped Oreos into the gooey marshmallow mixture, then press into a greased 9×13 inch pan. I always lightly spray my hands with non-stick cooking spray to press the mixture into the pan.
- Let the treats cool completely before cutting into them.
PRO TIPS AND TRICKS
- Use a silicone spatula and always keep nonstick cooking spray on hand. Rice Krispie Treats are very sticky, especially when still warm.
- Cool completely before trying to cut into bars. They will lose their shape if still warm.
- Never put Rice Krispie treats in the fridge. They get too hard and crunchy. Always store in an airtight container at room temperature and they will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
- Always make a double batch because these go FAST!
If you love these Oreo Rice Krispie treats – make sure to try these other favorites:
- Peanut Butter Krispy Treats
- Crispy, Crunchy Rocky Road Bars
- Layered Peeps Rice Krispy Treats
- S’mores Rice Krispy Treats
- Chocolate & Coconut Creme Rice Krispie Treats
More delicious bar recipes:
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 20 oz bags mini marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 24 Oreo Cookies chopped
- non-stick cooking spray for greasing the pan
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch glass pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the butter and marshmallows to a very large saucepan.
- Melt the ingredients together over low heat while gently stirring until entirely melted.
- Turn off the burner and stir in the Rice Krispies and chopped Oreos.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, and using lightly greased hands press the mixture down into the pan.
- Let harden at room temperature for 1 hour before slicing into bars.