Last updated on
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These rich and delicious Oreo Brownies are filled with Oreos and topped with an Oreo frosting for a cookies and cream flavored treat that everyone will love. They are decadent and indulgent and perfect for potlucks and parties.
OREO BROWNIES RECIPE
Drumroll, please…I present to you: Oreo Brownies! We’re adding Oreos to brownie batter, then topping those brownies with cookies and cream frosting and crushed Oreos. This fun and easy recipe is over-the-top delicious!
I am absolutely obsessed with brownies. I love playing around with different flavored brownies; Peanut Butter Brownies and Strawberry Brownies are two of my favorites. But, for this recipe, it’s all about Oreos! I put Oreos in the brownies and I turned my favorite vanilla buttercream into a tasty Oreo frosting!
How To Make Oreo Brownies:
- Start with your favorite brownie mix. Prepare it as directed then pour the batter into an 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
- Top the brownie batter with Oreos, then bake the brownies as directed on the box.
- Make cookies and cream frosting: Beat butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Stir crushed Oreos into the frosting.
- Spread frosting on top of the cooled brownies. If you try to frost them while they are warm the frosting will melt.
- Garnish the top with even more crushed Oreos!
RECIPE TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Line your baking pan with foil or parchment paper. This allows you to lift up the whole pan of brownies and transfer them to a cutting board. It makes for easy cleanup, too!
- Don’t overbake. Brownies should be removed from the oven just shy of being cooked all the way through. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out without raw batter on it (fudgy crumbs are ok).
- For fudgy brownies, add a handful of chocolate chips into the brownie batter.
- Switch things up with flavored Oreos (Birthday Cake or Mint would both be delicious)!
- For a different presentation, you can transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a wide tip and you can pipe the frosting onto each brownie. Note: make sure the Oreos in your frosting are crushed really fine so that they fit through the piping tip.
More Oreo Flavored treats:
More Brownie and Bar Recipes
- One boxed brownie mix plus ingredients needed to prepare
- 16 Oreos (approximately)
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Oreos finely crushed (for frosting)
- 4 Oreos crushed (for topping)
- Prepare brownie batter as instructed on the box. Pour into a pan and top the brownie batter with whole Oreos. I used about 16 Oreos for a 9x9 pan.
- Bake the brownies as instructed on the box. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter and 1 cup of powdered sugar until combined. Add remaining powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and a pinch of salt and beat until well combined. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk (to thin) or more powdered sugar (to thicken). Stir 4 finely crushed Oreos into the frosting.
- Spread frosting on cooled brownies*, then immediately garnish with more crushed Oreos.