These rich and delicious Oreo Brownies are filled with Oreos and topped with an Oreo frosting for a cookies and cream flavored treat that everyone will love. They are decadent and indulgent and perfect for potlucks and parties.
OREO BROWNIES RECIPE
Drumroll, please…I present to you: Oreo Brownies! We’re adding Oreos to brownie batter, then topping those brownies with cookies and cream frosting and crushed Oreos. This fun and easy recipe is over-the-top delicious!
I am absolutely obsessed with brownies. I love playing around with different flavored brownies; Peanut Butter Brownies and Strawberry Brownies are two of my favorites. But, for this recipe, it’s all about Oreos! I put Oreos in the brownies and I turned my favorite vanilla buttercream into a tasty Oreo frosting!
How To Make Oreo Brownies:
- Start with your favorite brownie mix. Prepare it as directed then pour the batter into an 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
- Top the brownie batter with Oreos, then bake the brownies as directed on the box.
- Make cookies and cream frosting: Beat butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Stir crushed Oreos into the frosting.
- Spread frosting on top of the cooled brownies. If you try to frost them while they are warm the frosting will melt.
- Garnish the top with even more crushed Oreos!
RECIPE TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Line your baking pan with foil or parchment paper. This allows you to lift up the whole pan of brownies and transfer them to a cutting board. It makes for easy cleanup, too!
- Don’t overbake. Brownies should be removed from the oven just shy of being cooked all the way through. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out without raw batter on it (fudgy crumbs are ok).
- For fudgy brownies, add a handful of chocolate chips into the brownie batter.
- Switch things up with flavored Oreos (Birthday Cake or Mint would both be delicious)!
- For a different presentation, you can transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a wide tip and you can pipe the frosting onto each brownie. Note: make sure the Oreos in your frosting are crushed really fine so that they fit through the piping tip.
More Oreo Flavored treats:
More Brownie and Bar Recipes
- One boxed brownie mix plus ingredients needed to prepare
- 16 Oreos (approximately)
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Oreos finely crushed (for frosting)
- 4 Oreos crushed (for topping)
- Prepare brownie batter as instructed on the box. Pour into a pan and top the brownie batter with whole Oreos. I used about 16 Oreos for a 9x9 pan.
- Bake the brownies as instructed on the box. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat butter and 1 cup of powdered sugar until combined. Add remaining powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and a pinch of salt and beat until well combined. Adjust the consistency by adding more milk (to thin) or more powdered sugar (to thicken). Stir 4 finely crushed Oreos into the frosting.
- Spread frosting on cooled brownies*, then immediately garnish with more crushed Oreos.