In search of a decadent treat to share with friends? These salted caramel brownies are the answer! Easy to make and perfect for a crowd.
Hey yall! Kelley from the Grant life here again to share an easy dessert recipe. Today I have a super easy and oh so delicious brownie recipe for yall. Salted caramel brownies! Ohhhh yes!
A few weeks ago I made a pie and had half leftover so I texted my friend and asked if she wanted it. (Instead of having to toss it since no one at my house wanted anymore!) She said no since she wasn’t home but her husband would love it. Great! I packaged it up and dropped it off at their house.
A few hours later I got a text that he had eaten the half ALL BY HIMSELF! He shared one bite of it but ate the rest himself. (It was a really good pie!) But I felt bad that she didn’t get any so I asked “What dessert do you like?” She replied anything with salted caramel. Well, I can do that!
I took a basic (but delicious!) brownie recipe and covered in it salted caramel. I mean I laid the caramel on pretty thick. Then sprinkled some coarse sea salt on top and bam! Salted caramel brownies.
I dropped off the pan (minus one or two!) at her house later that day. She was so excited! I was happy to get them out of my house because let me tell you – they are good! Ooey gooey and THICK! You totally need a glass of milk with these bad boys. But they are perfect for gift giving or holiday parties. Or just because.
Salted caramel brownies
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 can Dulce de leche I used Nestle
- coarse sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover an 8"x8" baking dish with foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Pour brownie mix into your baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Once cooled pour the can of dulce de leche over the top and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with the sea salt, slice into squares and enjoy!
Check out these other great brownie recipes I’ve shared:
For more great dessert recipes, try these: