This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These no-bake, pumpkin pie bars are the perfect first bite of Fall.
Hi everyone! Heather here, from The Caterpillar Years. I’m so excited to kick-off the Fall treat season with you!
I love making pumpkin pie, but turning on my oven for an hour, when it’s still in the 90’s outside, just isn’t going to happen.
Fortunately, these no-bake, pumpkin pie bars are nearly identical to pumpkin pie, in both texture and taste. They’re the perfect way to enjoy pumpkin pie while it’s still warm out!
I think these pumpkin pie bars are served best cold, with a little whipped cream and a candied pecan on top. But I don’t always have time for all those fancy toppings…
I’ll confess, I’ve made these as a straight pudding, and eaten it as a dip with graham crackers. Please don’t judge me! haha!
No-Bake, Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 10 whole graham crackers
- 6 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 4.6 oz package vanilla cook-and-serve pudding (the big package)
- 1 Cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash of ground cloves You really only need a dash. Even an ⅛ tsp is overpowering in this recipe
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor, blender, or plastic baggie with your hands, until you get fine crumbs.
- Add the brown sugar and melted butter to the graham cracker crumbs an mix until everything is the consistency of wet sand.
- Press the crumb mixture into your chosen dish (I use an 8x8 baking dish).
- Chill the crust while you make the pumpkin filling.
- In a medium pot, over medium-high heat, bring milk just to a boil.
- Pour in the pudding mix, and stir with a whisk until the mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Mix in the pumpkin purée until smooth.
- Mix in the cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the pumpkin filling on top of the graham cracker crust. Smooth out the top by softly tapping the container, on the counter.
- Chill for 3 hours, or until the filling is firm.
- Cut into bars, and serve chilled or room temperature.
- Optional: Top with your favorite whipped topping and candied pecans.
More fall favorites from The Caterpillar Years
For more pumpkin treats, try these:
And for even more pumpkin treats, try these:
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Cookie & Marshmallow Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Pie Baked French Toast