During the week, we usually stick to cereal, toast, fruit or yogurt. On the weekends, it’s kids choice, and lately I’ve been cooking up a recipe that they absolutely love!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Place two tablespoons butter in a 9" pie plate and stick it in the oven to melt while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- While the butter is melting, crack eggs into a bowl and beat slightly with a wire whisk. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until combined well.
- Remove the pie pan from the oven once butter is melted. Brush the melted butter around the pie plat and up on the sides.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over the melted butter. Pour in pancake batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately turn over onto a plate to serve. I like to turn it out onto a cutting board so I can cut it into portions before serving. (The top one has the brown sugar and cinnamon, the bottom one does not)
- Garnish with fruit, syrup or jam.