Hawaiian Pizza Dip takes the flavors of your favorite pizza and combines them into a creamy dip topped with ham, pineapple and loads of melted cheese.
Hawaiian Pizza Dip Recipe
This dip is a little bit savory, a little bit sweet and totally crave-worthy. It’s got all the flavors of that classic Hawaiian Pizza, like chopped ham and pineapple, melted mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce and whips them all into a deliciously creamy dip. Serve it with some crackers or toasted bread for dipping and you’ve got an appetizer that will satisfy everyone.
How to make Hawaiian Pizza Dip
This dip is super easy to make, and you could totally customize it with your own personal favorite pizza toppings.
- You’ll want to use a 1 quart, oven-safe dish or cast iron skillet. Grease it up to avoid sticking and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine room temperature cream cheese, pizza sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and seasonings. Once everything is mixed together well, pour it all into the greased up skillet or dish. PRO TIP – always shred your own cheese. The kind you can buy pre-shredded in the bag has a coating on it that keeps it from sticking together, but also keeps it from melting. Always shred your own cheese!
- Add some more mozzarella cheese on top and some ham and pineapple. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
- Bake the Hawaiian Pizza dip for about 20 minutes or until it’s nice and bubbly and the cheese is melted. If you want that golden brown color that the cheese on your pizza sometimes has, you can flip on the broiler and broil the dip for several minutes until you like the color.
- Let the dip rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
How to serve as an appetizer
I like to garnish just about everything with some fresh parsley or basil, and either works perfectly this dip. We serve most dips with toasted bread (crostini) in place or chips because they it’s sturdier, but especially with this pizza dip because it give the flavor of a pizza crust. Crackers would also work well, or even toasted pita bread.
What to do with Leftovers
If you have leftover Hawaiian Pizza Dip, cover the pan tightly or transfer the dip to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
More appetizers and dips you’ll love
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Wedge Salad Dip
- Cheesy Baked Shrimp Dip
- Spicy Italian Sausage Dip
Hawaiian Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 14 ounce jarred pizza sauce about 2 cups (can sub spaghetti sauce)
- 2 cups freshly shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits drained
- 8 slices canadian bacon, diced (can sub thick sliced deli ham)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh minced parsley or basil
- Crostini or crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, pizza sauce, 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder in a large bowl, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Top evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese, then ham and pineapple. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley and grated parmesan if desired, and serve with crackers, chips or toasted baguette slices for dipping.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.