All the flavors and textures of the traditional salad in a creamy dip, this Cobb Salad Dip is a modern take on a nostalgic classic.
I love the story of how the Cobb Salad came to be, nearly 100 years ago in a little restaurant kitchen in Hollywood. The salad was created either by or for the restaurant’s owner, Henry Cobb, as he pillaged through his restaurant’s kitchen late one night. It consisted of three different kinds of lettuces, chicken, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, chives, bacon, cheese and some French dressing. You don’t usually see Cobb Salad served with French dressing in restaurants anymore, but certainly the other ingredients have been the mainstays of the recipe.
Because I like to stay true to the original as much as possible, I’ve included all of those ingredients in this Cobb Salad Dip!
How to Make Cobb Salad Dip
My Cobb Salad Dip Recipe is super simple, and an easy appetizer that is perfect for any party. The base of this dip recipe is a creamy combination of cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt and some dry Ranch dressing mix. I get the large containers of ranch mix (aff), but the small packets (aff) are about 2 tablespoons if that’s what you have on hand.
Smooth the mixture into the bottom of a 8 or 9 inch pie plate (a shallower dish is better for this recipe). Then top with traditional cobb salad mix-ins like blue cheese, bacon, avocado, tomato and hard boiled eggs. Serve with tortilla chips, or this dip is especially good with some nice crunchy crostini.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of this Cobb Salad Dip Recipe:
- Room temperature cream cheese is best, but if you need to quickly soften your cream cheese, unwrap it and place it in a bowl. Microwave at 50% for 15-30 seconds. this will soften the cream cheese enough to make it easier to mix.
- Use a hand mixer. For a smooth and creamy base, use a hand mixer to cream together the yogurt and cream cheese. This will smooth any lumps out of the cream cheese.
- Cut bite-sized pieces. When dicing the tomatoes, bacon, and other toppings, take care to make sure all of the toppings are nice and small so they are easier to scoop up and get all of the flavors in one bite.
Hungry for more? Try these other delicious appetizer dips:
- Greek Whipped Feta Cheese Dip
- BLT Dip with Crostini
- Skinny Taco Dip Recipe
- Garlic Bread Cheese Dip
- Creamy Ranch and Vegetable Dip
Cobb Salad Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ranch dip mix
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and ranch dressing mix until smooth. (Use a hand mixer if you have one - it will go much faster).
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into a 9-inch baking dish or pie plate, preferably clear glass so you can see the layers. Smooth into an even layer.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, blue cheese, eggs, bacon and green onions.
- Serve chilled with tortilla chips, crackers or crostini.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.