Wedge Salad Dip gives you all the great flavors of the classic salad we all love but in the form of a killer dip that’s perfect for a party!
Whenever I see a Wedge Salad on a restaurant menu, I have to order it! I don’t know what it is, but I cannot resist that crispy little wedge of iceberg, it gets me every time!
And what’s not to like? Crispy bacon, sweet chopped tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles and creamy ranch or blue cheese dressing. And you can’t leave out the addictive crispy onion strings. Those are, without a doubt my favorite part! So I thought, why not make a dip out an easy Wedge Salad recipe?
How does a Wedge Salad recipe translate into a dip?
I know it might sound odd, but it actually translates pretty well. The idea of mixing everything together seemed like an extreme version of a vegetable dip, which really was not what I was going for. So I decided to layer it instead, similar to how you might make a 7 layer dip.
I like that this keeps all the toppings from getting soggy, while still getting the creamy dip portion from the bottom. Sliced baguette seemed like a delicious option to serve this creamy dip with, but you could also used potato or tortilla chips if you’d rather.
How to make Wedge Salad Dip
- I use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch seasoning. Be sure to soften your cream cheese first to get a nice, smooth dip. You can do this by taking it out of the fridge in advance, or by nuking it in the microwave for thirty seconds – one minute.
- Spread the dip in an even layer along the bottom of a shallow bowl or dish. This part can be done ahead. YOu’ll want to cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- Just before serving, layer the toppings evenly over the dip. Start with the iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, french fried onions, and crumbly blue cheese.
- I like to lightly toast the baguette slices in the oven for ten minutes at 350 degrees. This keeps it soft on the inside with just the right amount of crunch on the outside.
Want more great dip recipes? Check these out:
- Hot Chicken Crack Dip
- Spicy Italian Sausage Dip
- Hot Artichoke Dip
- Southwestern 7 Layer Dip
- Chicken Swiss Dip
- Cobb Salad Dip
- Artichoke Asiago Dip
Wedge Salad Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 cup roma tomato seeds removed and chopped
- 5 slices bacon fried until crisp & crumbled
- 1/4 cup french fried onions heaping
- 2 Tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- Toasted baguette slices
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch seasoning until well combined.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer on the bottom of a shallow bowl. Refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, bacon, french fried onions, and blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve immediately with toasted sliced baguette.