This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This creamy baked Crack Chicken Dip recipe is made with chicken, bacon, ranch, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese for a savory, indulgent dip that everyone will love.
Warm Crack Chicken Dip is a total crowd pleaser, perfect for parties, and super easy to make. Love warm and cheesy dips? Be sure to try my Easy Chili Cheese Dip, Hawaiian Pizza Dip, and Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipes!
Crack Chicken Dip Recipe
Crack chicken dip may not sound “nice” but I promise you, the tongue-in-cheek title for this concoction is the best way to define the most delicious thing you’ve ever tasted. It’s so addictive you won’t want to put it down!
It’s no secret that I am total sucker for cheesy dips – take my Garlic Bread Cheese Dip or Hot Bacon Dip – they are all super cheesy, creamy, and insanely delicious. I mean, when you dip that piece of toasted bread or a crispy tortilla chip into this Crack Chicken Dip and pull out all that flavorful, ooey-gooey goodness, it’s pure heaven!
Ingredients in Crack Chicken Dip
This cheesy crack chicken dip is super easy to whip up, and you probably even have all of the ingredients on hand already! Here are the ingredients you need to make my chicken bacon ranch dip:
- Shredded Chicken – Go easy and use a rotisserie chicken, or use one of my methods like Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken or Instant Pot Shredded Chicken.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – Grated yourself, fresh off the block.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – A 2 ounce package or 2 tablespoons from the larger jar.
- Bacon – Cooked until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy.
- Cream Cheese – Full fat, block variety.
- Sour Cream – To lighten it up, feel free to use plain Greek yogurt.
- Green Onions – Sliced thin and used for a garnish.
How To Make Chicken Crack Dip
Hot sauce or buffalo sauce is an optional ingredient that I included in the recipe below. It’s not necessary as the dip itself already has a ton of flavor, but it definitely will add a healthy kick if that’s what you’re looking for.
All of these ingredients are mixed together really well and spread into a small baking dish. It may be tempting to use a larger baking dish, but then you’d have to double the recipe…which come to think of it wouldn’t be a bad thing because this stuff is guaranteed to disappear fast!
Absolutely! Feel free to prep the dip in advance, just shy of baking. Cover with foil and place into the fridge for up to 24 hours. Remove from the refrigerator while your oven heats.
Crack chicken is a savory, addictive combination of chicken, bacon, ranch, and cheese. It’s so delicious it’s addictive, hence the slightly questionable name.
Sure! Mix all the dip ingredients together and warm on low for 2 hours, covered. Add the remaining shredded cheddar and cover again until it melts (should take about 30 minutes). Garnish with green onions.
This is a pretty hearty dip, so you’ll want to use a hearty vessel for dipping. Wimpy crackers need not apply! Here are a few suggestions:
- Celery or carrot sticks
- Crostini or toasted bread
- Thick tortilla chips
- Kettle potato chips
- Thick crackers
What To Do With Leftovers
This dip reheats quite nicely in the microwave if you happen to have leftovers. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Scoop your desired amount into a microwaveable container and heat at 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
More Dips to Try
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Crab Dip Recipe
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- BLT Dip with Crostini
- Ground Beef Enchilada Dip
- Creamy Hot Corn Dip
Crack Chicken Dip
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning Mix or 2 tablespoons
- 5 slices of bacon cooked crisp, drained and crumbled, 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- Hot sauce or Buffalo sauce to taste (optional)
- 3 green onions divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cookie spray.
- Thinly slice the green onions. Set aside a tablespoon of the greens for garnish.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream and Ranch seasoning mix until well combined. Stir in bacon, green onions, 1 cup cheddar cheese and shredded chicken. Add hot sauce if desired.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. If you want a more golden top, add a few minutes under the broiler.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve warm with tortilla chips, corn chips or crackers.