Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is a delicious and fast way to prepare chicken breasts! If you have been wondering how to make shredded chicken in your Instant Pot, then this is the perfect recipe for you!
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing an easy way to prepare chicken breasts using the Instant Pot! The Instant Pot is great for so many things, but I think the very best thing is how fast you can make shredded chicken! I love to toss this shredded chicken into so many recipes and it is always nice to have a batch made in the fridge when dinner time rolls around!
Before buying an Instant Pot, I’ll admit that I often ran to the store for a rotisserie chicken whenever I needed shredded chicken. While rotisserie chicken is delicious, leaving the house isn’t always a possibility! By making my own shredded chicken in the Instant Pot, I save so much time! Not to mention, you get so much more chicken from this recipe then you would from a store-bought chicken!
I have to share my absolute number 1 tip with you. If you hate shredding chicken with forks, then you are going to love this easy tip! Use a hand held mixer! It shreds your chicken in seconds! You can even throw it in your stand mixer for super shredded chicken, but I find that a hand mixer shreds really well without pulverizing your chicken!
Shredded chicken is perfect for easy meal prep, but my absolute favorite shredded chicken recipe is in my Creamy Lemon Almond Chicken Salad. This is seriously the best chicken salad ever and the Instant Pot Shredded Chicken makes it come together so quickly and easily!
I have told so many friends about the Instant Pot and why they need one. This easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe is just another reason why you need one! Chicken is always a go-to for dinner and this recipe makes it just so easy! If you want a slow cooker version of how to cook shredded chicken, this one is fool-proof!
Learn to love your pressure cooker with these easy recipes!
I feel like chicken tonight! Put this yummy shredded chicken into these recipes…
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Healthy Chicken Fajita Bowls with Rice
- French Onion Chicken Casserole with Green Beans (no cream soup)
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Season chicken with the spices and then add to the Instant Pot.
- Pour chicken broth down the side of the pot so you don't rinse off all the spices on the chicken. Put on the lid and turn to seal. Set manual or high pressure to 15 minutes.
- Let cook for 15 minutes and then quick release pressure. When pressure is released, remove lid and shred with two forks or use a hand mixer on low.
- Store chicken in the refrigerator in an airtight container and use as needed, up to 4 days.