This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Baked Shrimp Dip is a delicious appetizer made with creamy cheeses, chunks of succulent shrimp and flavorful spices that will be the hit of your party.
Shrimp Dip Ingredients
- Olive oil for sauteing the vegetables
- Veggies – onion, red bell pepper and green onions.
- Shrimp – Small-medium size works well.
- Flavors: Garlic, Cajun seasoning, Lemon juice , Worcestershire sauce
- Cheeses: Cream cheese, Mozzarella, Parmesan
How to Make Baked Shrimp Dip
Another reason I love serving dips at parties is their simplicity; since they usually only have a handful of ingredients and seasonings, they are easy to make. Plus they don’t require much more than a little garnish and some chips or crostini for serving.
Melt olive oil in a skillet and saute onions and peppers. Add the shrimp just until cooked through and no longer pink. Stir in the flavorings and seasonings, then remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses, until they are all evenly melted.
Bake the dip for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and bubbly, broiling at the end for a golden brown finish.
You can also include some green onions or fresh parsley for garnish because a little extra color is always a good thing.
Expert Tips and FAQs
- Sneak in some heat with a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Feel free to change up the flavor profile – add some diced tomatoes, spinach, or swap out the cajun seasoning for Old Bay.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eat within 2 days. Reheat if desired in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
I recommend baking this dip right before you are prepared to serve it, but you could prep it and have it ready to go in the pan up to a day ahead of time (tightly covered in the fridge). It’s best enjoyed right away.
Since this is a hearty dip, you’ll want a dipper that can stand up to the weight. I recommend crostini (toasted bread) or some good, thick tortilla chips or pita chips.
More Shrimp Recipes to Love
- Copycat Bang Bang Shrimp
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Cheesy Baked Shrimp Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh minced onion
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound small-medium shrimp chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella divided
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Push onions and peppers to the side and add shrimp and minced garlic to the skillet. Cook until shrimp is pink and garlic is fragrant; 1-2 minutes. Mix with the onions and peppers during the last 30 seconds.
- Stir in cajun seasoning, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce and heat to a simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cream cheese, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, and green onions.
- Stir until all cheese is melted and all ingredients are evenly distributed. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. If you want a more golden top, add a few minutes under the broiler.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and serve with crackers or toasted bread.