This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Barbecue Chicken, Pineapple and Bacon French Bread Pizza is full of tangy barbecue flavor and topped with melty cheeses, sweet pineapple, tender veggies and crunchy bacon.
As you well know if you’re a regular reader, I’m a big fan of keeping it simple and keeping it easy. This recipe is both of those things! Like all good things, it starts with a loaf of bread. Now here’s where we get a little tricky on the name…some might call it “french bread pizza” and some will call it “stuffed bread.” I did hollow out the center a bit so it could go either way. But you feel free to call it whatever you like as long as you make it, and soon!
Friday nights are often little or no cook nights around here and I love making french bread pizzas, and especially my Sloppy Joe French Bread Pizza. They are quick and easy and they lend themselves to virtually any flavor you throw at them.
I am a huge fan of barbecue and pineapple flavors mixed with smoky bacon, but I’ve never tried that combo out in this stuffed bread form. It was time.
I did hollow out the bread a bit, just not a ton because I do still like a thicker crust. I made a sauce using bottled barbecue sauce mixed with some mayo for creaminess and just brushed it all over the bread. *Sidenote, this makes an excellent dip for chicken nuggets!
I like to layer my french bread pizzas with lots of cheese, so I put a layer of mozzarella and jack cheeses, then added some chicken, pineapple and veggies, and more cheese. Finally I topped it with bacon, the rest of the cheese and just a few pieces of chicken on top.
These french bread pizzas bake up pretty quick in a nice hot oven – just 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees. The cheese gets all creamy and melty and the chicken on top gets a few nice charred bits. I mixed up a little more of the sauce and drizzled that over the tops of the slices for a finishing touch when I served them.
Overall, this was a quick, easy and delicious meal that everyone loved, and I’ll definitely be making it again!
Barbecue Chicken, Pineapple and Bacon French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices bacon cooked crisp and diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits juice discarded
- Red onions sliced into thin rings
- Green bell pepper sliced into thin strips or rings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut French bread loaf in half lengthwise and arrange halves on the prepared baking sheet. If desired, hollow out some of the centers of the bread to create a "well" for stuffing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ¾ cup of barbecue sauce and the mayonnaise. Spread sauce on evenly on both sides of the French bread. Save any leftover sauce for drizzling over the tops of the finished bread.
- In another bowl, coat the chicken with the 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle about ⅔ of the combined cheeses over the sauce, reserving the remaining cheese for topping.
- Arrange chicken, then pineapple, onions, green peppers and bacon on top of the cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese, pressing into the bread slightly.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting into strips and serving with any remaining sauce either drizzled over the top or served on the side.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Love this Barbecue Chicken, Pineapple and Bacon French Bread Pizza? Be sure to try these easy recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Ranch French Bread Pizza
One Pan Cheesy Beef and Tomato Skillet
For all dinner recipes go HERE and for the Recipe Index go HERE.
This recipe was absolutely amazing! Two thumbs up wouldn’t change a thing!!
Happy to hear that – thank you!