Last updated on
Crispy, spicy, cheesy and delicious, this Taco Stuffed Bread is a quick and easy meal that gets dinner on the table in no time!
I’m a Taco Tuesday type of gal, always have been, always will be. But sometimes I get stuck in the taco rut and love the idea of it, but just am not feeling the whole taco itself, you know what I mean? So I improvise and I make one of my fave foods into something new! Hello you beautiful Taco Stuffed Bread. Want some more riffs on tacos or perfect dishes for Taco Tuesday, you’ll need to check out these Taco Wonton Cups, One Pot Taco Gnocchi and Slow Cooker Cheesy Enchilada Meatballs!
So I’m a busy mom of 4 kids; 3 boys and a girl. My kids seem to be more busy than I am. With school back in full swing now after the holiday break we are literally short for time almost any given night.
I have 2 boys in traveling basketball this year, which I might add they aren’t on the same team since they like to split it up by grades. So that means 2 separate practice days, times and tournament schedules. Oh and these tournaments happen each weekend so our Saturdays and Sundays are entirely taken up and consumed by sports.
But it’s all fun and once summer comes, we will have 3 in baseball on different teams. It’s just the life of a mom who has kids in sports! Of course, with that life comes dinners that have to be quick and easy. Thankfully that is something I’ve learned to do quite well over the years.
This Taco Stuffed Bread is equally quick as it is tasty! If you’re a fan of the tacos and want to switch it up then this is a delicious alternative! A loaf of french bread is gutted and stuffed with seasoned ground beef and cheese and baked until bubbly. It’s then topped with our essential and favorite toppings to finish it off.
I’m lucky enough my boys have grown out of their “picky” phase and enjoy the tomatoes, onions and olives that I always put on this Taco Stuffed Bread! We make this so much that my kids have deemed it the one dinner that they get to cook, which is fine by this mama because I’m all about teaching my kids in the kitchen.
So if you’re short on time but want a good quality, filling dinner then this Taco Stuffed Bread will not disappoint. Whipping up in mere minutes, this is a great options to switch up your normal taco routine!
Taco Stuffed Bread
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the top off of the loaf of french bread and remove some of the bead from the middle creating a well; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain the grease.
- Add taco seasoning and mix until blended then add about ½ cup cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and spread into your french bread, top with remaining cheese and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with green onions, olives, tomatoes and cilantro or any desired taco toppings of your choice.
- Cut into two inch pieces and serve immediately.
For more easy dinner ideas, try these: