This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Cheesy Pizza Bread is a savory quick bread recipe full of sun-dried tomatoes and three kinds of cheese! Great as a snack or with your favorite plate of spaghetti!
When it comes to quick breads, the savory kind are often overlooked compared to their sweet counter-parts like Banana Bread or Zucchini Bread. But the savory quick breads have earned their place, in our home at least.
Quick Breads are just that – quick! No yeast to watch, to rising for hours. Just mix up a few ingredients, pour it in a loaf pan and bake for an hour. That’s it! I love how easy they are to make. Now you have no excuse to never have fresh bread on the table at dinnertime!
My daughter really enjoyed this Cheesy Pizza Bread. She took it to school in her lunch three days in a row! It’s pretty moist, so you don’t even need butter, although who am I kidding? Bread without butter is just sad. But it’s really not necessary in this pizza bread!
I added three kinds of cheese – cheddar. mozzarella and parmesan. Together they provide a ton of flavor, and help to give the bread a lovely, almost creamy texture.
I think we’ll try pizza muffins next!
Cheesy Pizza Quick Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup fresh grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 16 tablespoons butter melted, olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 8- ounces sun dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray a standard 9×5 loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the cheeses. Reserve about ⅓ cup of this mixture for topping and pour the rest into the flour mixture. Gently stir to coat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter or oil, buttermilk, egg, herbs and garlic.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients. Gently stir and fold the ingredients until all the flour has been incorporated and a wet batter is formed, then gently fold in the sun dried tomatoes. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading to the edges. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of Mozzarella cheese on top of the batter, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. When finished, the loaf should be domed and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing, slicing and serving.
For more delicious bread recipes, try these: