This Caramel Banana Bread is full of tasty bananas and delicious sweet caramel. Finished with a drizzle of caramel, it’s a decadent quick bread that makes a delicious dessert or snack.
Take it in folks. That’s some serious caramel action going on here today. I mean, as if banana bread wasn’t already the most perfect comfort food, I went and added caramel to it.
The heavens have opened and it’s raining Caramel Banana Bread.
Did you know that today is National Caramel Day? I didn’t but I think it might be my new favorite day ever. I needed a recipe to share and this Caramel Banana Bread was the first thing that came to mind. I wasn’t sure how it would come out since caramel can be kind of sticky to bake with, but it is fantastic!
Of course banana bread is the best way to use out ripened bananas, but did you know that you can also “ripen” them yourself? You can! Just use this method and in minutes you’ll have bananas ready to smash and this Caramel Banana Bread will be cooling on your counter in about an hour.
Caramel Banana Bread
Yield 10 slices
- ½ cup butter, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce (+ more for drizzling, if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas (Pro top - use a potato masher!). Mix in the milk and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Pour caramel sauce over the top of the batter and swirl in with a knife.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and cool completely on a baking rack before slicing. Drizzle with more caramel, if desired.
Be sure to check out these 9 NEW recipes for National Caramel Day!
Caramel Marshmallows from Ashlee Marie
Coconut Caramel Nests from Life Made Simple
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Baking with Blondie
Caramel Pretzel Brownies from The Baker Upstairs
Caramel Sauce from Creations by Kara
Chai Creme Brulee from Foodie with Family
Turtle Cake from Real Mom Kitchen
Smoky Salted Caramel Creme Brulee from Hey Grill Hey
Iced Caramel Macchiato from Gather for Bread
HERE ARE A FEW MORE CARAMEL RECIPES FROM ME:
AND SOME CARAMEL RECIPES FROM FRIENDS!
Gooey Chocolate Caramel Bars from Buns in My Oven
Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream from One Sweet Appetite
Homemade Caramels from High Heels and Grills
Salted Caramel Brownie Trifle from Crazy Little Projects
Caramel Apple Toffee Blondies from Crazy for Crust
Caramel Apple Mousse Cake from The Gunny Sack
Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake from Baker by Nature
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Corn from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.