This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Spice Cake is just the right dessert for your holiday gatherings. It’s sweet, with moist spice cake and tender, tart apples.
I’ve been breaking out the slow cooker quite a bit this year. For everything from Chicken Stew to Mexican Beans I love any reason to use this time saving appliance. It’s a life saver on busy days, and it makes the whole house smell amazing. (affiliate)
Something I haven’t done often is make dessert in my slow cooker. I’ve been wanting to try a cake in it for a while and this recipe has been swimming around in my head for a while now. It’s got tart, crisp apples coated in brown sugar, cinnamon and caramel sauce and topped with spice cake mix and melted butter. It’s more of a dump cake, I suppose, but you could make the cake batter as instructed and get a more fluffy cake if you like.
I am in love with how this cake turned out. Super moist, tender and delicious. Topped with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon, it was the perfect dessert for this cool fall evening. And the best part was that I had a delicious dessert ready to go that didn’t require any space in my oven, which makes it perfect for holiday gatherings when the oven is occupied by mashed potatoes and your Thanksgiving turkey!
Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Spice Cake
- 4 large apples peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1 box Spice cake mix like Betty Crocker
- 1/2 cup melted butter 1 stick
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for topping
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and toss together to coat. Stir in caramel.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top of apples and drizzle on melted butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 ½ – 3 hours or until fruit is bubbling and top is light golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream topping or vanilla ice cream.
For more sweet treats this fall, try these: