This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This One Pan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese recipe is a healthy, low-carb, and keto friendly recipe that will satisfy your cheesy cravings. Makes a delicious and quick meal or a perfect Thanksgiving side dish.
You know those signs you see that say things like, “In our family, we do fun, and messy faces, and movie nights” and that sort of thing? Well I want one that says “In our family, we do CHEESE.”
Because that is what we do. A lot. On just about everything.
What does that have to do with this One Pan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese? Everything.
My kids love cheese but vegetables? Now that’s another story. Just the slightest idea that there *might* be a vegetable near their plate can send them into a tailspin meltdown.
Thankfully most vegetables can be improved by adding a little – or in our case, a lot – of cheese. Cheddar, Jack, Parmesan, we’re not picky. For this cheesy cauliflower dish, I opted for cheddar and Parmesan, but you could swap these out for your favorites. This Keto Mac and Cheese is not for the faint of heart.
Wait. This isn’t “Mac” and cheese…
Now in case I threw you off with the whole “Mac & cheese” description, let me explain. This One Pan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese tastes like traditional Mac & Cheese. The cauliflower has a lovely nutty flavor and when cooked properly has a nice bite too it that mimics that of an al dente macaroni pasta. The cheese sauce is creamy and delicious and pairs so nicely with the cauliflower that you’ll never miss the carbs! I know I might be pushing it a bit, but if you’re really trying to cut carbs, this is a decent alternative to mac and cheese.
Enjoy this easy one pan recipe as a side dish along with your favorite meals or as a main dish. We’ll be adding this to our list of the best Thanksgiving Side Dishes, so be sure to check that out too!
What to do with leftovers
Recipes with cheese sauce like this keto friendly cauliflower mac and cheese, don’t hold up well to freezing so that’s not recommended. To store, cover and place in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat carefully in the microwave at 50% power for best results.
And for more delicious cheesy side dishes, try these:
- Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Jalapeno Corn
One Pan Cauliflower “Mac” & Cheese
- 4 cups cauliflower florets approximate, depending on the size of the head of cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- In a large pot, boil 6 cups of salted water. Add cauliflower and boil for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Return cauliflower to the pot over low heat.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, garlic powder, paprika and stir to coat. Stir in cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Parmesan until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Goodful.