This One Pan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese recipe is a healthy, low-carb recipe that will satisfy your cheesy cravings. Makes a delicious and quick meal or a perfect Thanksgiving side dish.
You know those signs you see that say things like, “In our family, we do fun, and messy faces, and movie nights” and that sort of thing? Well I want one that says “In our family, we do CHEESE.”
Because that is what we do. A lot. On just about everything.
What does that have to do with this One Pan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese? Everything.
My kids love cheese but vegetables? Now that’s another story. Just the slightest idea that there *might* be a vegetable near their plate can send them into a tailspin meltdown.
Thankfully most vegetables can be improved by adding a little – or in our case, a lot – of cheese. Cheddar, Jack, Parmesan, we’re not picky. For this cheesy cauliflower dish, I opted for cheddar and Parmesan, but you could swap these out for your favorites.
Now in case I threw you off with the whole “Mac & cheese” description, let me explain. This One Pan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese tastes like traditional Mac & Cheese. The cauliflower has a lovely nutty flavor and when cooked properly has a nice bite too it that mimics that of an al dente macaroni pasta. The cheese sauce is creamy and delicious and pairs so nicely with the cauliflower that you’ll never miss the carbs! I know I might be pushing it a bit, but if you’re really trying to cut carbs, this is a decent alternative to mac and cheese.
Enjoy this easy one pan recipe as a side dish along with your favorite meals or as a main dish. We’ll be adding this to our list of the best Thanksgiving Side Dishes, so be sure to check that out too!
And for more delicious cheesy side dishes, try these:
- Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Jalapeno Corn
One Pan Cauliflower “Mac” & Cheese
This One Pan Cauliflower “Mac” & Cheese recipe is a healthy, low-carb recipe that will satisfy your cheesy cravings. Makes a delicious and quick meal or a perfect Thanksgiving side dish.
Yield 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- In a large pot, boil 6 cups of salted water. Add cauliflower and boil for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Return cauliflower to the pot over low heat.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, garlic powder, paprika and stir to coat. Stir in cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Parmesan until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Adapted from Goodful.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.