Super cheesy and flavorful, this One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta is going to be your new family favorite.
Recently I was invited to sample Manwich sauces in the Regular, Bold, and Thick and Chunky varieties. I challenged myself to think outside the box and create a recipe that my family would love, and Mawich Bold was the perfect base for my recipe creation.
One pot meals are the best for busy weeknights, and are made even easier with the kid-stopping power of Manwich. My kids absolutely loved this meal and not only asked for seconds, but asked for it to be put in their lunches the next day.
- Olive oil
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 10-ounce can Manwich Bold + 1 can water
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound of small dry pasta (I used penne); about 2 cups
- 2 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and saute for one minute, then add cooked chicken (I keep THIS on hand) and saute for a couple of minutes. You could also start with raw chicken and cook it with the onion and garlic.
- Stir in chicken broth, Manwich Bold Sloppy Joe Sauce, water and pasta to the pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring once after about 15 minutes. Check for doneness at 20 minutes and continue to simmer with the lid off if there is still a lot of liquid or if the pasta isn't quite al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheddar until well incorporated, reserving a handful to sprinkle on the top. Cover the pot for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt, and stir.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve immediately.