This Spinach Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette is one of my favorite weekday salads. It’s easy and fast, made with loads of fresh spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and crunchy sweet walnuts.
Spinach Salad Recipe
Salads are an easy way to complete just about any meal. They are easy to throw together and a great way to use up leftover veggies. A spinach salad is not only easy but has a ton of nutrients, great for your skin and help to prevent diseases.
I love putting spinach in regular salads, but going all spinach is the way to go. Tossed with this sweet and tangy red wine vinaigrette and combined with a variety of veggies and nuts, it’s the perfect hearty salad that can also be a main meal for lunch. Add some feta cheese and toasted nuts for protein and you’ve got yourself a delicious, healthy meal.
How to make spinach salad
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and dry with a salad spinner. I actually have the one that’s linked here, and I love it! It’s got a great design that keeps you from having to pump your arms up and down. It’s really easy to use.
- Once your spinach is clean and dry, toss it in a large bowl with some sliced cucumbers, grape tomatoes and onions.
Make the Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard and garlic in a jar with a lid or in a salad dressing shaker.
- Shake until the dressing is emulsified (the oil breaks down and mixes with the vinegar and other ingredients, then pour on to your spinach salad and toss.
A spinach salad is a delicious and healthy starter to any meal. It goes well with pasta, grilled or roasted meats, potatoes and more. You can serve it on it’s own as a meal with some grilled chicken or shrimp.
What to do with leftovers
- Refrigerator: Store unwashed spinach leaves in a plastic bag with a paper towel to reduce moisture. It will keep in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- Freezer: Wash spinach thoroughly and cut off the stems. Plunge into boiling water for 2 minutes, then chill quickly in ice water. Drain any excess moisture then package in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze immediately for up to 12 months.
More delicious salad recipes you’ll love:
- Classic Cobb Salad
- Wedge Salad Dip
- Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Asian Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Olive Garden Salad Copycat
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey to taste
- ½ of a medium red onion sliced
- ½ pint of cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ of an english cucumber sliced
- 4 cups spinach leaves left whole or roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup glazed or raw walnuts roughly chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Feta cheese
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Or, combine together in a sealable jar and shake.
- Assemble the salad: Arrange spinach leaves in a large bowl and toss with some of the dressing and the red onions. Top with walnuts and feta cheese if desired. Offer additional dressing on the side.
- Optional fruit add-ins: apples, pears, strawberries, watermelon, blueberries.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.