This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Smoked Sausage & Apples Sheet Pan Dinner has all the lovely flavors of fall in a complete meal that’s cooked all on one sheet pan for an easy weeknight dinner!
Table of Contents
Why We Love It
This delicious sheet pan dinner is a variation of my Sausage & Potatoes Sheet Pan. I added some carrots and diced apples to the mix and sweetened up the sauce for a sweet and smoky fall dinner. It’s comfort food at its finest.
There are big chunks of smoked sausage, carrots, onion, potato, and apples coated in a mix of maple and dijon with the flavors of sage and thyme. It truly is the perfect cozy night-in kind of meal. With or without the sausage, it would also make a great Thanksgiving side dish!
Sheet pan dinners are crazy easy – just chop up the meat and veggies, toss them in some kind of seasoning or sauce, and throw them on a baking sheet. Most take anywhere from 30-60 minutes to cook, and you can serve with a side of rice or noodles. Dinner is done!
How To Make It
- Chop all the ingredients into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss with the sauce.
- Arrange on rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake, stirring a few times to ensure even cooking.
Cool completely, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a skillet on the stovetop.
This meal is great for meal prep! It will make about 6-8 servings, so feed your family, then portion the rest out for a few lunches for the week.
Sure, feel free to improvise and choose vegetables that you have on hand.
More Sheet Pan Dinners
- Sheet Pan Salmon, Asparagus and Potatoes
- Italian Chicken & Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Nachos
- Sheet Pan Pizza
- Pineapple Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Smoked Sausage & Apple Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 pounds smoked sausage
- 2 honeycrisp apples or other large, crisp apple, cut into chunks
- ½ pound baby carrots
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, olive oil, sage and thyme. Set aside.
- Chop meat, apples, potatoes and onions into 2-inch pieces and place into a large bowl. Drizzle with mustard mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange onto the prepared baking sheet and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, stirring at the 20 and 40 minute marks.
- When the veggies are tender and everything is golden, remove from the oven. Garnish with fresh chopped thyme leaves or parsley.
- Allow to cool for several minutes before serving.