This Smoked Sausage & Apple Sheet Pan Dinner has all the lovely flavors of fall in a complete meal that’s cooked all on one sheet pan for an easy weeknight dinner!
Fall is here!! Well actually it’s about 12 days away but still…Pumpkin Spice is in the air and in Starbucks so I declare it to be officially fall. That means it’s time to bust out the sweaters and cozy blankets and fill your home with those glorious fall scents of cinnamon and nutmeg and sage.
Let’s make this delicious Smoked Sausage & Apple Sheet Pan Dinner!
This delicious sheet pan dinner is a variation of my Sausage & Potato Sheet Pan Dinner from that I shared a few weeks ago. I added some carrots and diced apples to the mix in this sweet and smoky fall dinner. It’s comfort food at it’s finest.
Now you might be thinking “Apples?” but trust me, that sweet and savory combination in this Smoked Sausage & Apple Sheet Pan Dinner is to die for!
There are big chunks of smoked sausage, carrots, onion, potato and apples coated in a mix of maple and dijon with the flavors of sage and thyme. It truly is the perfect cozy-night-in kind of meal. Take out the sausage and it would also make a great Thanksgiving side dish!
What I love about sheet pan dinners is they are crazy easy. Chop up the meat and veggies, coat them in a sauce or seasonings and bake, stirring a few times throughout the process. This particular meal takes about 50 minutes but it’s also pretty forgiving if you cook it a little over or under. You just want all of the veggies to be nice and tender. As it bakes this incredibly sauce thickens and caramelizes making it feel almost sinful.
It’s one incredibly flavorful bite after another!
Smoked Sausage & Apple Sheet Pan Dinner
This Smoked Sausage & Apple Sheet Pan Dinner has all the lovely flavors of fall in a complete meal that's cooked all on one sheet pan!
- 2 pounds smoked sausage
- 2 honeycrisp apples (or other large, crisp apple), cut into chunks
- ½ pound baby carrots
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 pound baby yellow potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, olive oil, sage and thyme. Set aside.
- Chop meat, apples, potatoes and onions into 2-inch pieces and place into a large bowl. Drizzle with mustard mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange onto the prepared baking sheet and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes, stirring at the 20 and 40 minute marks.
- When the veggies are tender and everything is golden, remove from the oven. Garnish with fresh chopped thyme leaves or parsley.
- Allow to cool for several minutes before serving.
Want another easy sheet pan dinner? Try this favorite:
And for more delicious one pan meals, try these:
- Sheet Pan Salmon, Asparagus and Potatoes
- Italian Chicken & Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- One Pan Cheesy Beef & Tomato Pasta Skillet