This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Sheet Pan Pizza recipe is surprisingly quick and easy to make! Golden and chewy crust made from a homemade pizza dough that involves NO rising or kneading. Grab your favorite toppings for an easy homemade pizza night!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
- Ready in an Hour – Making homemade sheet pan pizza doesn’t have to take all day!
- Golden, Chewy Crust – The crust is the perfect balance of chewy with a golden crunch.
- No Rising or Kneading – The dough is simple to mix up and doesn’t involve a long rise time or lots of kneading.
Ingredients For Sheet Pan Pizza
For the Pizza Dough
- Warm Water – About 105-110 degrees F to activate the yeast.
- Active Dry Yeast – Working with yeast might feel intimidating, but it’s actually pretty easy!
- Pantry ingredients – White sugar, all-purpose flour, olive oil, salt.
For the Toppings
- Pizza Sauce
- Freshly Grated Mozzarella Cheese – 2 cups freshly grated Mozzarella cheese. Feel free to blend in some cheddar, fontina, or gruyere.
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese – ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Italian Seasoning – 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. You could also use basil and oregano, or add some red pepper flakes.
Toppings for Sheet Pan Pizza
The topping options are endless! But here are some of my favorites:
Meat: Pepperoni, Cooked and Crumbled Italian Sausage, Diced Ham, Cooked and Crumbled Bacon
Veggies: Sliced Olives, Green Bell Peppers, Sliced Mushrooms, Cherry Tomatoes
Greens: Arugula, Baby Spinach, Fresh Basil Leaves
How To Make Pizza on a Sheet Pan
Get a detailed list of ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below.
- Prep – Start by getting the oven preheated and lightly greasing a large (18-inch) baking sheet with cooking spray or brushing with olive oil.
- Make Dough – Activate the yeast by adding the warm water and yeast to the bowl of a stand mixer along with the yeast and sugar. Stir to combine and let sit for 10 minutes until it’s foamy. Add the flour, oil, and salt to the yeast and use the dough hook attachment and mix at a low speed until a smooth ball of dough forms – about 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes in the bowl. Don’t have a stand mixer? You can also use a large mixing bowl, a wooden spoon and a little elbow grease.
- Assemble Pizza – Press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the greased baking sheet. Spread the sauce over the crust, sprinkle with the cheese and Italian seasoning, and add toppings of choice.
- Bake – Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Slice and Serve – It’s best to let the sheet pizza cool for 5 minutes so the cheese can set before slicing and serving.
We love rounding out pizza night with a big, green salad on the side like this Caesar Salad or Copycat Olive Garden Salad.
Elevate your pizza night by adding some Homemade Garlic Breadsticks and Crispy Baked Chicken Wings, too!
- Store-Bought Pizza Dough – While this pizza dough recipe is super easy, with no rising or kneading, you can use store-bought pizza dough. Keep in mind that it may slightly impact the bake time so keep an eye on it and cook until golden brown.
- Vegan – The pizza dough is already vegan, so all you need to do is swap in a dairy-free cheese and vegan friendly toppings.
- Sauces – Instead of marinara, try a different sauce like pesto, BBQ sauce, or alfredo sauce.
Storage and Reheating
Storage – Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating – Reheat leftovers in the oven at 450℉ for about 5 minutes to get the crust crispy again. Or check out how to reheat pizza in the air fryer.
- Room temperature pizza dough – If you decide to make this with store-bought dough, make sure you let the dough come to room temperature before trying to stretch it onto your baking sheet.
- Rotate halfway cooking – This helps to make sure the crust cooks evenly and all the edges get nice and golden brown.
- Grease the sheet pan – Not only does greasing the sheet pan helps keep the crust from sticking, but it also gives it a crispier, golden crust.
More Pizza Recipes
Sheet Pan Pizza
- 2 cup warm water 110 degrees F/45 degrees C
- 2 .25 ounce packages active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoon white sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup pizza sauce more or less to taste
- 2 cups freshly grated Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease a large (18-inch) baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
- Pour warm water into a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and stir in yeast and sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes. Mixture should become foamy.
- Add flour, oil and salt to the yeast mixture and, using the dough hook attachment, mix at low speed until dough forms a smooth ball; about 5 minutes. You can also beat with a wooden spoon. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Press the dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce onto the crust, then sprinkle evenly with Mozzarella and Parmesan, then with Italian seasoning. Add toppings if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Rotate pan 180 degrees about halfway through the baking time. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.