This Salmon, Asparagus and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner will save you valuable time in the kitchen by cooking everything on one baking sheet pan, making it a perfect weeknight meal.
When it comes to dinnertime, believe it or not I’m often at a loss for what to cook. I spend so much of my day writing recipes, cooking recipes, photographing recipes and writing about recipes that I just don’t feel like cooking for my family. Ironic, right? I’ve talked to a lot of bloggers and everyone says the same thing – when it’s your job, cooking for fun just doesn’t happen!
So sheet pan dinners and one pan meals have really, truly become my go-to for my family. They are simple, easy to prepare, and have great flavor. Like my latest favorite Sheet Pan Salmon, Asparagus and Potatoes. My whole family love salmon so I know I can’t go wrong with that. And even my kids are fans of asparagus. The potatoes can be a hit or miss but these fingerling potatoes that I came across on a recent shopping trip were fun and colorful and they were a super hit!
My daughter (the potato hater) gobbled them down and exclaimed that she loved them. That’s a huge win. The color was a little hard for them to get past, but once they did my kids both decided they are fans. I hadn’t realized it, but the purple potatoes were a little sweeter than the rest, and fingerlings are a creamier texture in general. I’m definitely going to be adding this entire meal to our monthly dinner rotation, and I’m planning on creating just a pan of roasted potatoes…we’ll see if that recipe makes the blog so stay tuned!
Since the potatoes do take longer to cook, the roasting process starts with just them all by their lonesome. They get all nice and golden brown and start to get soft on the inside. After about 20 minutes they are pushed to the side and the salmon and asparagus are added to the sheet pan. The salmon is brushed with a honey lemon dijon sauce while the potatoes and asparagus just get a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper.
After another 15 minutes in the oven, everything is cooked and golden and juicy and flavorful. Time to dig in!
Sheet Pan Salmon, Asparagus and Potatoes
- 4 6- ounce salmon filets
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- ½ pound small yellow or red potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 lemons; 1 sliced and one zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange potatoes in an even layer on the lines baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, garlic, dijon mustard, honey and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet with the potatoes from the oven, and push potatoes to the side. Line salmon 2x2 in the center of the baking sheet. Spread lemon marinade over the salmon.
- Place asparagus along side of the salmon, with the potatoes on the other side. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn with your fingers to coat completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired and serve immediately.
For more easy one pan meals, try these: