Gold Yukon potatoes are roasted to tender perfection and coated with garlic, Parmesan cheese and other seasonings. These roasted potatoes are the perfect side dish for fall, or even Thanksgiving dinner.
My kids aren’t fans of potatoes, so it’s not often that I make them. I, on the other hand LOVE potatoes in any form, fried, mashed, roasted. You name it, I’ll devour it. Since this deep devotion to those savory spuds wasn’t passed on to my kids, I don’t often add them to my menu.
The other day I just had a craving so I picked up a bag of Yukon golds at the grocery store. I knew I wanted to roast them and I had a plan to make a recipe I’d seen for mustard potatoes. Sounds good right? Well then I realized I didn’t have mustard, of any kind. I hate it when that happens. It must have been serendipity though because I did have a brand new package of fresh Parmesan. Once I had roasted the potatoes in olive oil, garlic and salt, I tossed them in a whole bunch of freshly and finely shredded Parm.
Then I roasted them some more, and you guys, something amazing happened. The cheese melted and got crispy all over these already delicious potatoes. It was the most amazing thing. Try them, I know you’ll love them!
Oven Roasted Parmesan Garlic Potatoes
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed evenly into 1-2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 ounces finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes in the olive oil mixture until they are well coated. Arrange on a baking pan in a single layer.
- Roast potatoes in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, turning once.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and place back into the large bowl. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over potatoes and stir to coat. Arrange back on the baking pan and place back into the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown and crisp.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately.
For more delicious side dishes, try these: