This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables is a simple one pan meal with perfectly seasoned chicken breasts, carrots and broccoli. This one pan chicken and veggies is an easy to prepare, healthy meal the whole family will love!
All on one pan, chicken and veggies cook at the same time so they’re ready at the same time. Try some of our other sheet pan dinners, like Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus, Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas and Smoked Sausage and Potatoes.
If you’ve been looking for a delicious, healthy meal that your whole family will eat, look no further than this one pan chicken and vegetables. No pasta, no rice, no bread, just chicken and veggies with a little olive oil and Italian seasoning.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast – Cut larger breasts into smaller pieces. Chicken thighs would work too.
- Broccoli and carrots – I paired these two veggies because they take about the same amount of time to cook in the oven.
- Seasoning – Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
How to Make One Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Coat the chicken with a little bit of olive oil and rub in some of the seasoning, then arrange on the baking sheet. If desired, brown the chicken in a skillet first, but don’t cook all the way through.
- Toss the veggies with olive oil and seasoning and arrange next to the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165℉ and the vegetables are fork tender.
I like carrots and broccoli, but the vegetables can be swapped out for things like sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, cauliflower or asparagus. Starchier vegetables like potatoes will take longer to cook so you’ll need to put them in by themselves for 10-15 minutes to get them started before adding any other veggies and the chicken.
I like to go an extra step and brown the chicken before baking. That means using another pan but it doesn’t really add any time to the cooking process. The browning step just adds a little more depth of flavor and color to the chicken. It’s not a necessary step, just a personal preference.
Storage and Reheating
Storage: Place chicken and veggies into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing: You can freeze leftovers in a freezer safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Reheating: Thaw completely and put chicken and vegetables on a microwave safe plate and reheat gently until warmed through.
More Delicious One Pan Dinners to Try
- One Pan Mexican Fried Rice
- One Pan Ham & Cheese Tortellini
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes
- Lemon Herb Chicken & Asparagus
- Easy Shrimp Boil Sheet Pan Dinner
Italian Chicken and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts 2-3 breasts
- 2 cups broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 large carrots cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine seasonings in a small dish and set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts in half through the center to create two thinner pieces.
- Arrange chicken in the center of the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and rub into both sides to coat. Sprinkle about 2/3 of the seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken, rubbing in to each side.
- Arrange vegetables on either side of the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil, tossing gently to coat, then sprinkle evenly with remaining seasoning mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Tent with foil and rest for 5 minutes before serving.