One Pot Meals have become a staple in our home. I love them for the ease of cooking and clean up. My kids love them because they taste really good! Cooking the pasta IN the sauce creates a delicious, rich flavor that you just can’t get when cooking in water. I’m working on a post on how I create these recipes and tips for making them work, so keep your eyes peeled for that!
When I was a young girl I used to visit my aunt and grandmother often. My aunt used to make the best chicken and noodles! So rich and creamy and delicious that you couldn’t help but ask for seconds. I was wanting to recreate her recipe, but in a one pot version, so I got to work creating this dish.
This is the kind of comfort food dreams are made of. Seriously, so many yummy flavors melting together to create a rich, savory meal that the whole family will love.
It’s easy to make too. Just saute the veggies, chicken with salt and pepper, then add the liquids, dry pasta and seasonings. Bring it all to a boil and cook for about 20-25 minutes until pasta is tender.
A lot of people ask what pan I use. I use my Simply Calphalon Nonstick 5-qt. Sauté Pan. It’s a great non-stick pan, it’s held up fabulously for years, and clean up is a snap! I recently purchased a Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 12″ Everyday Pan and that one is just as fabulous. Both are perfect for my one pot meals.
I hope that your family will enjoy this recipe as much as my family did! For more fun ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
For more one post meals, check out these popular recipes:
*this post contains affiliate links
One Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- 2 large (or 3 small) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of roughly chopped raw vegetables(I used equal amounts of onions, carrots, celery)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 small can cream of chicken soup + 1 can milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 pound dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + 1/2 cup cheese for topping
- Heat olive oil in a 4-5 quart pot.
- Add chopped vegetables and minced garlic. Saute over medium-high heat for about five minutes, or until vegetables are just becoming tender.
- Add chicken and season with a couple pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Continue to saute over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. It does not have to be cooked through since it will continue to cook in the sauce.
- Add cream of chicken soup, milk, chicken broth, pasta and dry seasonings. Stir.
- Bring to a boil and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring every five minutes to keep pasta from sticking together.
- Once pasta is cooked to your liking, remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover pot and let rest for 5-10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley for garnish.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.