Slow Cooker Creamy Corn – Sweet corn in a creamy sauce, made easily in your slow cooker and perfect for Thanksgiving!
Hey guys! Jenn here from Clean and Scentsible! I’m so excited to be taking part in Kristin’s Slow Cooker Sundays series. There’s nothing better than a good slow cooker recipe! We just finished our Thanksgiving in Canada and I wanted to share one of my favorite holiday side dishes with you – slow cooker creamy corn. It’s such a simple recipe but it’s great to free up your time and stove space for other dishes you might be making.
If the sauce seems a little runny, it will thicken after it’s been removed from the heat for about 5-10 minutes. I could seriously eat this as my main course but it tastes amazing with some mashed potatoes and stuffing (and, of course, turkey!).
Slow Cooker Creamy Corn
- 2 lbs. frozen corn 5 (341 mL) cans of canned corn, or 6 cobs of fresh corn. (I prefer the white and yellow corn if using frozen.)
- 1 8- ounce package of cream cheese sliced
- 1/2 cup butter sliced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the corn and milk in the slow cooker and top with thick slices of the cream cheese and butter. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours (or on low for 5-6 hours). I like to stir up the ingredients about half way through; however, if you're busy cooking and forget (or just aren't home), stir well at the end and then cook for 15 more minutes.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve. I also love it with some ground red pepper flakes!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
If you get a chance, I would love for you to drop by Clean and Scentsible to say hello! I share lots of home decor ideas, organization and cleaning tips, seasonal projects, easy recipes, and whatever else catches my interest!
Be sure to check out these other Thanksgiving Recipes: