This Crock Pot Pork Roast recipe is tender and juicy and perfect for busy weeknights. Plus it’s super easy to make with just a couple of ingredients!
You know when you just don’t feel like cooking? Or you are going to have company for dinner, but you have no time to make anything fancy? Help is at hand in the form of this delicious pork roast. Making this is so easy that you could practically do it in your sleep.
You can enjoy this pork just like it is, or add an easy gravy to impart even more homey flavor.
HOW TO MAKE A CROCK POT PORK ROAST:
- First you buy a 2-3 pound pork loin roast. I get mine at Costco because it comes in a 4-pack which means I always have some on hand. The kind that I buy has up to 10% of a solution of broth and salt. After I buy it, I put it in the freezer so that when I want to prepare the roast, I just get it out of my freezer and put it into my slow cooker.
- Place the pork roast in the crock pot. You can thaw it overnight if you like. It is not necessary to thaw but you will want to add an hour to the cooking time if your pork roast is frozen.
- Then I just sprinkle salt and pepper on it, followed by a generous sprinkling of poultry seasoning. That’s it!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK A 3 POUND PORK ROAST IN THE CROCK POT?
A 3 pound pork roast will take about 8 hours to cook in the slow cooker on low, or 4-5 hours on high. My roast always turns out so tender and flavorful. My oldest daughter (who is allergic to everything) LOVES this pork. It is one of the few things she can eat, and she is in heaven every time I make it.
DO YOU PUT WATER IN THE CROCK POT WITH A PORK ROAST?
When I am cooking this from its frozen state, I don’t add any liquid to the bottom of the crock pot because as the roast thaws it will release plenty of liquid. If the meat is fresh or thawed, I add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water or chicken broth. Likewise, if you get a pork roast that has not had broth and salt added to it, you may want to add more salt.
WHAT SIDE DISHES GO WITH THIS PORK ROAST RECIPE?
Try these other Pork recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili Recipe
- Easy Baked Pork Chops with Brown Sugar
- Lemon Herb Pork Tenderloin
- Easy Oven Braised French Onion Pork Chops
- Pan Roasted Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
- 2-3 lb. pork loin roast
- poultry seasoning
- Put the fresh or frozen pork roast in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Try to get some on the sides.
- Liberally sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- If not using frozen roast, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.