Southwestern 7 Layer Dip
This Southwestern 7 Layer Dip is full of so many layers of flavor from the creamy, slightly spicy base to the kicked up tomatoes to the black beans and corn. Everyone loves this party dip!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning or 1 packet
- 1 cup Cheddar jack cheese freshly grated (more to taste)
- 1 cup canned fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 ounces Sliced olives drained
- 2 green onions thinly sliced for garnish, optional
- Tortilla chips for serving
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese with sour cream and taco seasoning. *For best results, beat cream cheese with a hand or stand mixer until fluffy and smooth (no lumps), then stir in sour cream and taco seasoning.
Pour cream cheese mixture into an 11x7-inch baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Layer ingredients as desired: cheese, black beans, tomatoes/green chiles, corn, olives. Garnish with sliced green onions.
Chill until ready to serve, and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Amounts of toppings listed are general. Feel free to use more or less to your liking.
- If your store doesn't carry the Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes with green chiles, 2 cans of Rotel, or a combo of 1 can diced tomatoes and 1/2 of a can of green chiles, all drained well, will suffice.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1200IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 269mg | Iron: 2mg